After 1 year in Thailand I'm heading back to the UK

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 10379
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 4865

Re: After 1 year in Thailand I'm heading back to the UK

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Great posts, wow

My mom is getting wrecked by ALS right now. My brother told me on the phone I'd be wise to come 'sooner than later', he thinks by Christmas I may not recognize her anymore.

Planning a trip in November for a few days to see her. This thread is helping, thanks everyone

User avatar
Canuckster
Posts: 4281
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2316

Postby Canuckster » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Sorry to hear man.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, and youll see the brick wall at the back of the theater."

User avatar
Diet Butcher
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am
Reputation: 1510

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:12 pm

All this talk bringing me down too. My folks are getting up there. But they're fine atm. dad trains dags (GSD and malinois), so that keeps his mind sharp and body strong. mom helps him with the dags, so she's ok for now too. But that day will eventually come, and I don't think I'll be ready for it.

Best wishes to you mofos. Hope everything goes smoothly and peacefully. That's all I gotsta say.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 489

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Canuckster wrote:Wow, this thread turned heavy. I lost my mom to a brain tumour 20 years ago as well, losing a parent isn't easy.


Im guessing it doesnt get any easier.

Its kinda these days though, I connected with a whole bunch of family on FB after the funeral, people who I hadnt spoken to in 15-20 years.

Going through their pages every now and again there's a comment from my mother obviously made while she was around. Its like a knife in the guts reading it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 489

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Diet Butcher wrote: But that day will eventually come, and I don't think I'll be ready for it.


No one is ever ready for it I think. It went like this for me

The night mum died we all drank whiskey at dads place and everyone was "fine"

Then we all got busy with funeral arrangements and getting vias organised for family flying in from Fiji

The first week was easy with eveyone around, I doubt I shedded a tear IIRC

Then the following week when everyone had left things sunk in and I fell apart for the best part of 3 days, im talking depressed, angry, sad etc etc

It sucks for everyone unless youre a complete POS, normal human stuff IMHO

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 489

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Masato wrote:Great posts, wow

My mom is getting wrecked by ALS right now. My brother told me on the phone I'd be wise to come 'sooner than later', he thinks by Christmas I may not recognize her anymore.

Planning a trip in November for a few days to see her. This thread is helping, thanks everyone


Get as much time with her as you can.

Hopefully she pulls through but if she doesnt the biggest pain is regret. There were days I didnt visit mine cause I was busy and I thought she would be fine. My 3 days of hell was mainly regretting all the shitty things Id done as a son. You have a chance to avoid that m8

User avatar
Canuckster
Posts: 4281
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2316

Postby Canuckster » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:Great posts, wow

My mom is getting wrecked by ALS right now. My brother told me on the phone I'd be wise to come 'sooner than later', he thinks by Christmas I may not recognize her anymore.

Planning a trip in November for a few days to see her. This thread is helping, thanks everyone


Get as much time with her as you can.

Hopefully she pulls through but if she doesnt the biggest pain is regret. There were days I didnt visit mine cause I was busy and I thought she would be fine. My 3 days of hell was mainly regretting all the shitty things Id done as a son. You have a chance to avoid that m8



I don't think this is avoidable
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, and youll see the brick wall at the back of the theater."

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 489

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:56 am

Canuckster wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:Great posts, wow

My mom is getting wrecked by ALS right now. My brother told me on the phone I'd be wise to come 'sooner than later', he thinks by Christmas I may not recognize her anymore.

Planning a trip in November for a few days to see her. This thread is helping, thanks everyone


Get as much time with her as you can.

Hopefully she pulls through but if she doesnt the biggest pain is regret. There were days I didnt visit mine cause I was busy and I thought she would be fine. My 3 days of hell was mainly regretting all the shitty things Id done as a son. You have a chance to avoid that m8



I don't think this is avoidable


Whats not avoidable? Masatos mother's condition of the regret thing?

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 489

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 am

Sorry didnt read my own post.

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 2725

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:42 am

Stop being a bunch of twigs. Be happy it's parents, that's natural. After my dad died a good friend of mine told me that it's the first real sorrow we face in life.


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests