Sega Game Gear

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Sega Game Gear

Postby Luigi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:47 am

So Im not sure if I have mentioned this before, but in addition to the gameboy, I also love its competitor the Sega Game Gear. The sound died on my old one(they were made with shitty capacitors back then) a few years ago and I stopped playing because it wasnt the same. I was at a game store about a month ago and the owner mentioned he has a degree in electrical engineering. So I asked him if he could replace the capacitors in my Game Gear. He said he would be done in a week, but didnt finish until a few days ago. Nevertheless, I have a working Game Gear again!!! The sound is quieter, I would say it only has 2 thirds its original max volume, but that is a small price to pay. Yesterday I played thru Mickey Mouse: Land of Illusion(made by capcom and it shows) and now Im trying to beat Shinobi, an old favorite of mine.

This game is so damn hard but so damn fun! I can beat the level with the pink ninja but I cant beat the other 3.

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Game Gear?

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:17 pm

- Very cool Luigi.
I've never touched a sega game gear or saw one live, only saw ones on magazines.
I used to think that they looked like a Batman gadget:

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Haha, it kinda does look like a batman gadget. I got a lot farther on shinobi today. Made it to the 25:19 mark in the video. This game should have had unlimited continues imo.

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Had one when I was young. That thing would burn through batteries like a kid blows through candy after Halloween. Had a good number of games, but all i remember is pac man, sonic, columns, and shinobi.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Sega just released this thing

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/13fc/

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:10 pm

THE GENESIS IS REBORN

80 Built-In Games
TV-Out Capability
4-6 hour gameplay on full charge
From Altered Beast to Golden Axe, from Golden Axe I, II, and III to Sonic the Hedgehog I and II, SEGA has been the gaming system standard for multiple generations. It was the first system that could truly contend with Nintendo and as a result, sparked the epic console war that continues to supply the video game market with new and better in-home entertainment technology to this day.

And as technology progresses, we see gaming devices like the Genesis Arcade Ultimate Portable Console house immense amounts of information and power capable of providing us a hand-held portal of nostalgia. With dozens of amazing games built right into the system, we can relive our childhood favorites and share them with current generations in a relevant format. SEGA continues to outdo themselves in providing incredible games with amazing platforms to enjoy them on and in our exponentially growing technological culture, taking a step back in time to enjoy the roots of our passions is just what we need.

Product Specifications:

Portable Player for fans of the SEGA Genesis
SD Card Slot, allowing for games to be played off of the SD card
AV Out, allowing for the game player to be played on a TV
Lithium ion rechargeable battery with 4-6 hours of gameplay on a full charge
Charging cable (included): Mini USB
Instruction Manual included
80 Games Included:
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle | Alien Storm | Altered Beast | Arrow Flash | Bonanza Bros. | Chakan: The Forever Man | Columns | Columns III | Comix Zone | Crack Down | Decap Attack | Ecco | Ecco Jr. | Ecco II: The Tides of Time | ESWAT: City Under Siege | Eternal Champions | Fatal Labyrinth | Flicky | Gain Ground | Golden Axe | Golden Axe II | Golden Axe III | Jewel Master | Kid Chameleon | Mean Bean Machine | Mega Man: The Wily Wars | Shadow Dancer | Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master | Sonic and Knuckles | Sonic Spinball | Sonic The Hedgehog | Sonic The Hedgehog 2 | Street Fighter II’: Special Champion Edition | Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers | Streets of Rage | Streets of Rage 2 | Streets of Rage 3 | The Ooze | Vectorman | Vectorman 2 | Plus 40 additional games!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:50 pm

FEA: Ya dude it eats batteries like crazy. It takes 6 AA batteries and burns them in about 6-7 hours of gameplay. I got the farthest Iv ever gotten in Shinobi today(just past 28 mins in the video) and the fuckin batteries died when I put brand new ones in less than a week ago lol

Canuckster: Thats awesome. The funny thing is that it isnt the first time Sega made a portable Genesis. The Sega Nomad was released in the 90s and was a portable genesis. You needed the cartridges tho, the games werent built in.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 pm

yeah, i remember the nomad, the cool thing about this new portable is it will play games off an sd card.......

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:11 am

Oh cool. I wonder if you have to have a special file type approved by sega or if you can just download roms and play them.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Finally beat Shinobi! It feels so much more awesome when you beat a game that is hard as fuck lol Strait adrenaline rush.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”