What was the last movie you saw?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anti D

What was the last movie you saw?

Postby Anti D » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:28 am

Watched The IDes of March again. Pretty good movie. Talked about it a little in the music thread because of Marilyn Manson's ex Evan Rachel Wood looking pretty fine and displaying some nice.......acting chops.

(Marisa Tomei wasn't too bad either)

A lot of Heavy Hitter's as EY would say in this political melodrama.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:43 am

One of my favorite movies I have not only seen in the past 10 years but maybe ever.

Saw it first many years ago back in 2006 and still holds up after repeated watches because of it's ground breaking cinematography.

Same director and cinematographer who just did the Brilliant film Gravity and Y Tu Mama Tambien. Anyone want to talk about it. ;)

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:55 am

Great suggestion.
Clive Owen is one of my favourite acteurs. Great in Closer.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:23 am

Som-Pong wrote:Great suggestion.
Clive Owen is one of my favourite acteurs. Great in Closer.

The Brits have ALWAYS been "great actors" Galt.............Just take a look at EVILYOSHIDA for instance. 8-)

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 am

Watch Miller's Crossing.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:33 am

Six Songs from A Shropshire Lad - 6. Is My Team Ploughing?

Jonathan F. Cooper, baritone
Zarina Melik-Stepanova, piano

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:39 am

Behold England's majestic West Country:

el rey del mambo

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Anti D wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:Gonna either watch Jurassic World or the new Tony Jaa one next week.

So Tony Jaa plays this Thai prison guard who was forced to kick some ass. And a lot of ass kicking follows. But he's not as invincible as he was in his earlier films like Ong Bak. He kicked a lot of ass but also got his ass kicked a few times. I think I would have preferred the invincible Jaa kicking massive ass, but this is different. Still great action for the sake of action.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
So Tony Jaa plays this Thai prison guard who was forced to kick some ass. And a lot of ass kicking follows. But he's not as invincible as he was in his earlier films like Ong Bak. He kicked a lot of ass but also got his ass kicked a few times. I think I would have preferred the invincible Jaa kicking massive ass, but this is different. Still great action for the sake of action.

Nice review Diet! I will admit that I am not up to date on my Martial Arts movies or HK cinema but that trailer looks like it...........Kicks ass.

I was going to talk about what made Children Of Men so great and it was it's use of uninterrupted shots with little to no editing.

I watched a video and it showed a list of some other examples which included a few movies I had not seen yet but you might be familiar with.

"Oldboy" (2003 from South Korea)

"The protector" aka "Tom Yung Goon" (2005 USA) Tony Jaa!!!!! That Staircase fight looks epic D Money!

"Hard Boiled" (1992 Hong Kong) Directed By John Woo!

superCalo

Postby superCalo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Jurassic Park 2 the lost world

after watching Jurassic World was instructed to obtain the dVds for the other movies
which I did via uSb stick

Orginal Jurassic Park got big marks from the younger viewers, one even saying it was better than Jurassic World

I had never seen jP II tLw
I only watched the first half, - you got to have a park bro, just like a island is not the dinosaur experience I want, not sure want to see part III after this, big let down

Not all sequels are created equal

They can't all be the Road Warrior

Return to “Anarchy Zone”