Welcome! Introduce yourself here...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
GDCMMA.com

Welcome! Introduce yourself here...

Postby GDCMMA.com » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:05 am

What are good ways to start growing our numbers here? Like discussed in person Masato, I know we don't EVER want it to get out of hand and turna into what we hate about all the other forums, I am just naive about the best ways to pull over a few more people that can join our conversations. I can't wait for the day that I can come on here at my usual 2a.m after work time and see a bunch of users jammin
Any helpful advice would be appreciated
G

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:10 am

Greenup wrote:Found the site through evilyoshida.com I got my screen name from an old PS2 game called Socom. You would have to sit in a lobby until everyone greened up to start the match. Thx for having me :)

Hey, my first EY recruit! that makes me happy

I love EY and hope that my Politics room gets even 1/10th of the action that happens there. Thanks for comin over, one day we can help spread some truth to new corners of the world too. Every bit helps

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:18 am

GDCMMA.com wrote:What are good ways to start growing our numbers here? Like discussed in person Masato, I know we don't EVER want it to get out of hand and turna into what we hate about all the other forums, I am just naive about the best ways to pull over a few more people that can join our conversations. I can't wait for the day that I can come on here at my usual 2a.m after work time and see a bunch of users jammin
Any helpful advice would be appreciated
G

Good fuckin question!

#1 would be that I still existed on Sherdog, lol

I was semi-famous there and if I had foreseen the opportunity I could have held on there a little longer and used it to recruit new MT members. The above post mentions a forum called EvilYoshida who did exactly that; built a reputation on the UG (another huge MMA forum) and just slowly fished for people looking for a smaller/more specific community (he specializes in Conspiracy info). Now his site is huge. (granted the creator of the site works basically 24/7 to keep it active with good content - I can't do that lol)

So that plan is dead, lol - what next?

I am hoping the work I do will speak for itself, but I can only pump em out so fast...

We are getting hits from EY, my facebook page has a bunch of people, and Canuckster spreads the word sometimes on the Rogan Board (another HUGE forum)

There is a fine line between spamming and just posting shit everywhere, and bringing in people by quality content and word of mouth alone... the latter is slower, but I think will bring a higher standard of company. I'd rather get 10 new quality intelligent mature posters than a flood of 100 trolls.

The fact is that it IS growing... we just have to keep it going with good intentions, drop a plug here and there, and I have to keep making more art.

My big hope is that when I finish Sonnen's War (only 1 more episode to go!) it will finally get some play, lol - but who knows, most of that comic has tanked in relation to what I was expecting. Other smaller projects have gone viral. There is no controlling this shit, lol it will grow according to its own path. I'm happy to follow it fast or slow :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:42 am

Just popped into the UG and took a screengrab, check it out:

The numbers circled in red are total VIEWS. This is just one typical moment I grabbed at random.

It is crazy how many people surf those big forums.

Surely there is enough room to share with the little guys :)

I think the busier it gets the more people will come, its an exponential equation. If people see daily action they are more likely to join.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 am

Also, I am finding that twitter is doing a LOT

Everytime I tweet a thread a buch of people come in to lurk

I just tweeted a couple thread right now and 19 people showed up right away:

(the record is 58 btw :) - looking forward to the day we break that! lol)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:16 am

get yourself setup on klout, bryan rumble swears by it.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

ErikSatie

Postby ErikSatie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Banned from Sherdog for no reason. Always.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:05 pm

ErikSatie wrote:Banned from Sherdog for no reason. Always.

what, just now?
do tell!
(and welcome back!)

sheetsMMAfan said he just got dubbed.

I recently found I got the full IP ban
(tried to sneak in for the new Shoop tourney) :)

Fisticuffsmanship

Postby Fisticuffsmanship » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:26 pm

I just finished a new project, so I figured it would be a good time to introduce myself and see if anybody wanted to check it out.

My friend and I run a small MMA blog in our free time, my contribution is mostly based on creating designs for MMA t shirts, in the vein of shoops and other MMA inside jokes. Think teefury.com but for MMA.

The best part is I work for a small screen printing shop and have the ability to print stuff up basically at cost. The first couple runs I've done have been small, just enough for friends, but I'd like to see if there is enough interest out there to justify doing more than extremely limited editions.

Here is the Vitor Belfort parody I'm going to be printing soon:

And here's the post I wrote about it. http://www.fisticuffsmanship.com/?p=289

What do you guys think?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:26 am

Fisticuffsmanship - that is AWESOME!

You should really post this in the NEW F7 forum for the value of its creative content.
That article is very funny, you should write more!

Congrats on the website, looking forward to watching it grow.

As for your shirt-printing - you can do multi-colors? What is the technique, do you get that kind of shiny iron-on look or is it (what do they call it?) silkscreening?

I ordered a Saku T-shirt once but it was crap quality (White graphics on orange shirt... but the white looked like it was printed only once and it was so thin it wasn't even white)

I had some free shirts made by 'Blue Cotton' in exchange for putting their logo up on my site and was very happy with the quality. http://masatotoys.com/stuff-for-sale/ - However that was well over a year ago and was thinking of printing some more. If you'd like to partner up for this I'd much rather do it with some New F7 Peeps.

Keep going! (post this in New F7, I want to inspire people to follow their creative energies, this is very cool)

thanks for sharing dude

Return to “Anarchy Zone”