My license plate art...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
BobbyD963

My license plate art...

Postby BobbyD963 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Between being newly married, having a step son and now a pregnant wife I have had no time to shoop, but I have still been keeping my creative side alive. Here is some custom artwork I made from license plates.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Mr BobbyD...!!!! How the hell are ya old comrade??

Fucking awesome to see you back! Congrats on all the life-upgrades :D

I think perhaps we have graduated from shoop-school, it is natural to move on to more sophisticated creative works. (that, or I am just trying to justify to myself the fact that there is little shooping going on here these days lol )

These are very cool!! I've never seen anything like it before.

What do you cut them with?

I like the wooden boards you mounted the Cali maps on. Do you know where these are going? Would look great in lots of kinds of spaces.

Congrats for staying creative, even when life is handing you much responsibilities. I think its a key to keeping sane and healthy through it all :D

Welcome back

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:08 am

- LOve the fox one.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:20 pm

great work. i too like the wood mountings.

BobbyD963

Postby BobbyD963 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks Masato and friends...Has there really been no shoopin' at all lately?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Not here. Sherdog is busy as always, but they are mostly new shoopers there, the next generation. That's great imo, let it continue to evolve. But I just don't feel it syncing with where I'm at these days. Our scene is but a memory now, my friend :) Most of the shoopers from our old gang have gone missing. Fungi drops in here somewhere, haven't seen sheets in ages (miss him).

For me I make the odd joke here and there, I still like it but I don't really shoop much either. My next project is an illustrated graphic novel, not shooped like Sonnen's War, so I'm more excited about drawing and comic art these days. I'm also creating a book with someone here, and getting back into writing etc. Basically would like to get some more higher quality work done before I'm dead, and feel I better get to it, lol. I think Sonnen's War was made to allow me to leave that genre/subculture... go out with a bang :D

Shooping is fun but I find I just don't have the time, or if I do there are things more important to me at this part in my life, which is very busy right now with family/bills etc

However I do have a short list of ideas I'd like to make but who knows. I have 1 funny one but it would take a while...

As long as we keep creativity alive I think that's all that matters - shooping was a great spark of inspiration for me, and brought together a hub of creative minds that showed me the potential of uniting artists. If this evolves and changes as we grow that is fine.

Its encouraging to see new shoopers kicking ass - I bet most of them are budding young artists, and shooping imo can help them find their voice.

All that being said, if I see a return to some shoop-energy here, you know I will reciprocate :D

I really enjoyed the Comics of Chaos idea a lot... was a shame the posters who were most into it have gone their ways.

Such is the Tao

:D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:30 pm

This forum is growing into something else...

you are welcome anytime dude

Return to “Anarchy Zone”