Just fired a client

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Just fired a client

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 am

Yeah things go wrong it needs to be addressed. How you address it is the question

How they receive it is out of your control

EOW

Postby EOW » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Sometimes you have to make a firm decision to show people not to mess you around!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:33 pm

My student was being a snotty little bitch last class. I reckon it's gotta be some of them female troubles/ teen angst or whatever though. I have quit quite a few jobs and it's a nice feeling.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:46 pm

I have always loved quitting jobs. All of them lol.

Only a few I have left under negative conditions, but even under the nicest of relations, the moment I walk away from jobs for the last time is always a good one.

Lets hope this remains so

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:48 pm

I walked out of an assembly line sweat factory once while the machines were still running lol

Was getting SICK like hell watching the conveyor belt go by. Barely survived until lunch. Tried to go back again, YOU CAN NOT STOP lolol

It was hot as fuck in there, the worst job ever. I just left

These little Phillipino ladies put me to shame lol

Normally I always tried to find easy/fun jobs, but I've had some shitter jobs too. I almost went tree planting in BC once, I'm glad I didn't

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:52 pm

I've been a grave digger, a telemarketer, a pen salesman, a bouncer, a piano mover among other things :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 pm

A grave-digger? wow interesting

Also, pen-salesman? lol

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Not really, summer job provided by the county when I was 12 or 13. Heh, I showed my students the movie Big Fish a while back. I often feel like that when I tell people about my life, though I've never fished in my life. Last time I ate freshly caught fish was when a ladyboy named Ning (freaky 'cause it's the name of my ex) caught suid and made a yellow curry on Koh Chang.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:35 am

Any story worth telling is also worth embellishing

I love Big Fish too, great tale

I like to reminisce about the different jobs I've had. Even if its just for a few weeks, you get to know w particular environment/pattern pretty fast, and they all have such a unique flavor. I've worked at a sawmill, cleaning yachts in the harbour, tourist info-center guy, summer camp leader, drawing instructor, skateboard shop technician, henna tattoo artist, truck un-loader, worked at a big schmancy ad agency, and probably a bunch others I forget.

In hindsight, some of the most boring jobs were actually the most pleasurable. I had a job as a dishwasher in a cafe once and fuckin loved it. I had a nice little spot in the back to wash, got a free lunch from the kitchen every day (my main source of food, lol), tolerable co-workers, and some hot waitresses.

Also, at the time I was tripping a lot on ideas about Zen, so I would do 'zen-dishwashing', which is just trying to focus as much of my attention as I could on simply washing the dishes; feeling the porcelain or glass in my hand, sensing the water, watching the process of making something dirty clean, etc. I would really get in a trance sometimes, it might be the best meditation I've ever really done. I would snap out of it for lunch, it would be a real weird sensation.

One of the waitresses tried to seduce me in the cellar but I (foolishly?) didn't bite lol She was hot but really kind of psycho too, my spidey senses were in full effect

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:11 pm

I legit loled when I read grave digger and pen salesman. Two odd jobs that are so very different.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”