Pilot project?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
penxv

Pilot project?

Postby penxv » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:49 pm

I just mean to find a sparring partner and see how effective it is. I can work spinning and conventional kicks and whatnot into it as well.

I haven't really done MMA since my brother was killed in 2011... but that's a whole other story that I don't really care to elaborate on right now. Before that I had a kind of mma tunnel vision that blinded me to the things that were important. Competetive MMA is not important. It's just a show.

The practice of it is fun and can be very therapeutic, but the competitions are really kind of embarrassing to have ever taken part in. It's unfortunate because it doesn't have to be that way.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Find a way to incorporate keeping your guard up. I know you're just playing/experimenting but your hands are way down most of the time. Keep them up, it may even make the style faster

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 am

BobbyD963 wrote:
Masato wrote:If anyone wants to flip this whole thing and make an animated Political/Conspiracy comedy show I am IN 1000% :D

No, I like the idea of keeping it MMA. I do understand the points another poster said regarding it being such a small audience to appeal to but we are undertaking something different something that hasn't been done before. Whether our target audience is intended for millions but only reaches hundreds at least we can say we gave it a shot and had fun in the process.

Yup, we should stay on task. Let's see what we can come up with using MMA. If the finished product is slick enough, there is nothing stopping us from examining different subject matter in the future.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:52 am

Another point, parody is legal, and protected. It's called Fair Use. Even if Zuffa scares us a little bit, there are plenty of interesting characters we can lampoon. Fedor, Frye, Sonnen, Wandy, Mayhem, Bas etc.Image

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:07 am

Ha! Checked out public domain music on you tube.
Found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMpzSIV4dY&list=PL4F921C1AA6B18389&index=7

Old school theme music?

Show opening while credits roll? Perhaps Cormier is chasing Coke nose jones while passing several other characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlABMZPQTo

Ending in a car hitting a poll and then Cormier's famous incredulous head shake.

Kind of like the simpsons car opening.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:16 am

^ that's why I'd love to work with you, Chuck - super creative way outside the box

When I listen to that I have images of grainy old silent movies. We could make a hilarious vintage parody

In fact its my vision to have each skit have a completely different art-direction. There should not be a style on which all our ideas are imposed; each should look unique. This will push our art-directing skills and keep the show always fresh and unexpected.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks M! I added an old school gangster chase clip as well.
Could be a great intro idea.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:43 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Fighter as 10 year old's like the cartoon when the Flintstones were children.
Nick diaz wanted to be a nunchacko storian, Roy Nelson was a bodybuilding suplement affcionado.

Bryan Caraway and Tate were alredy togheter:

Brock Lesnar was a nerd, Overeem wanted to be a a artist like a painter, but he only drawed horsers, poneys and similars.

Wand was a pacifist guy, Mirko was the hall monitor, he kicked people that were messing aroud.

LOLOL I just read this now, its really funny

We could do like a 'Saved by the Bell' or Degrassi High kind of feel to it.

Also... LAUGH TRACKS lolol they are so cheesy but they also sort of work/are funny :D

Like I said, ideas won't be the problem here... it will be more difficult imo to contain the creativity imo and focus it down to a few choice ideas that are realistic to create to actually complete a whole episode.

What do you think of my basic outline for the pilot, Chuck?

Also who else got an invite to this? Emp? EOW? Someone should call Joe Mama, I know he is down for things, he has the best real 'radio' sounding voice we could ever hope for (narration, game show hosts, commercials etc)

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:58 am

I love your basic outline. And its Ironic, I was thinking laugh track a minute ago!
I've only invited Bobby so far, but I noticed Emp has already posted in this thread saying he could contribute 8bit characters. EOW is also an obvious choice. I wouldn't mind tackling the voice overs myself actually. But if they weren't adequate, I would graciously back out of that and try Joe Mama.

As far as others wanting to contribute, no problem as far as I'm concerned. We could give them conceptual cred.
Ultimately though, I think we should keep a set limit on the core group. I'm not being arrogant or anything, just realistic on the whole "Too Many Cooks" theory.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

Here is some online info on celebrity image usage.

http://onlineartrights.org/issues/depictions-real-people/basics

Return to “Anarchy Zone”