Good Friend Just Got Hauled off to Jail

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Good Friend Just Got Hauled off to Jail

Postby Masato » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:51 pm

He gets out today. Gonna maybe go celebrate with him, the Olde Phuque and some friends but its snowing like a mofo out here, we'll see what happens.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:05 pm

So he got out yesterday. We met later at the Olde Phuque's place, had some good talk and bud. Then went out to a pool hall and met some very entertaining cronies and played some darts, then went for late night Montfort's food and back to his place to hang there with him and some of the crew staying at his place. Had a really great time, he looks well

Here's the crazy part; He's gonna keep doing what he's doing, even if it means going back to jail

This all stemmed from getting caught driving without a license. Apparently he has this guy advising him that there is no actual law in Canada that states you have to have a license to drive. He is really set on this idea that we should be free human beings and not slaves to some corporate-government contract on our names by birth. He says admitting that contract forces you to agree to so many terms, pay so many taxes, ask permission to do everything... he says if his ideas hold no truth, then we are essentially slaves. The driving without a license issue is just that crack he has his foot in to address the larger issue.

He feels personally compelled to fight it, to never give in and maintain his position for freedom. He says he is willing to go back to jail, he says its easy and worth it if he has to in order to maintain his position, says somebody has to fight it and stand up/try to set a precedent. He says since he has no kids or anything like that he might as well be the one to do it.

On one hand I really admire him, on the other I worry he is sacrificing too much for a battle he can't win. In the end its not my choice though, he has to follow his own path.

For now we're glad to have him out.

We went back to his place and he dosed some acid, lol. There is this mellow hippy chick living there and I watched her put half a hit on her tongue, was mesmerizing, lol. My wife don't trip, been a long time since I hung out with those kinda girls :D

What a unique guy.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:15 pm

update:

After his acid trip last night he said he thought a lot about these questions, we just had a good chat now.

I think he sees the whole 'System' as one single entity and views it unfavorably, and thus cooperating with any part of it equates to cooperating with the whole thing. He sees as a sort or all-or-nothing situation, we either agree and condone the system as it is in all its parts or we don't. Trouble is that its almost impossible to completely reject it as we are so completely embedded in it. We are products of it, how do you NOT comply every day at least in some way?

I try to think that while many parts of the system may indeed be deceptive, evil, or corrupt... other parts may make perfect sense and are logical methods of living in a densely populated civil society. Some parts might even be viewed as good in a more ethical sense. I think we can pick and choose our strategies for each part of the system as we encounter them, such extreme perspectives will surely create extreme results... Would I go to jail do defend my right to drive without a license? No I wouldn't. Would I go to jail to oppose being drafted and forced to go to war? Yes I think I would.

Both symptoms of the same System, but one maybe not so painful to comply with as the other. Or is any degree of 'selling out' the same as another?

tough questions we often avoid to justify our hypocrisies :(

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Well, somebody's got to take a stand somewhere otherwise were all just spinning our wheels and bitching for nothing,kudos to this guy.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”