Creating more FEMALE presence on a forum?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Creating more FEMALE presence on a forum?

Postby Masato » Mon May 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Hey all

The posts below are copied/pasted from this thread:
masato-attempts-to-make-a-new-graphic-novel-t966-20.html

I think the complete imbalance of male > female posters in forum culture is something I would love to see change. I did an experiment by tweeting to couple of choice female posters on Twitter to come and help create a fresh kind of community in this regard, and one of my favorite Twitter folks (male or female) FionaO showed up! lol SO awesome

Really hoping we can continue the trend..! This place is still very malleable in what it is becoming, I think it would be a really great payoff if we could try to bring some real female minds and voices here.

Could we create the first great co-ed forum community?? How can we do this?

:D

later skaters

Masato wrote:
FionaO wrote:What an interesting and inspiring thread. Can relate very much to profession killing the creative self-- I'm a copywriter who's getting back into writing short fiction. Your plotting/planning process is intriguing.

Loved Sonnen's War so much-- you really got at what I imagine to be the platonic ideals of these amazing personalities-- and this seems brilliant too. I have a dog I adore and project all sorts of personae onto so looking forward to reading this.

Thanks for hosting me at your forums.

WELCOME FionaO!!

I am super stoked that you decided to drop in. (I invited her here from Twitter)

I wasn't joking about the lack of female presence on the internet... Its bafflingly absent on most all forums I have ever enjoyed. This is lame for lots of reasons, among them that men without any feminine eyes to watch out for tend to eventually post like brutes, lol.

Forums can be so cool for so many reasons, I really think it is a special and powerful medium... but the fact that it seems to mostly attract just males is really weird imo

LETS CHANGE THIS!!! Is it really impossible to create a forum that more accurately reflects real social life?

Imagine how cool it would be if we made it here. Would certainly love to have some women artists etc to come share their worlds. How can we bring more?

The thing about this place is that its still just getting going, there is still room to SHAPE IT. FionaO, if you decide to come back and post more, please don't try to adapt to what is here, but help define it!! Rock whatever you like, set the standard for a more balanced forum culture

PS: What do you copyright?

This struggle of finding time for meaningful creative work I think is a really key part of our times.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 18, 2015 10:56 pm

great, now i have to put my underwear back on.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue May 19, 2015 10:37 am

- Maybe woman prefer to post under a male screen-name to avoid the idiots? :)
And a lot of internet trolls are actually woman poking fun at mens?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue May 19, 2015 3:00 pm

That's conspiracy talk son, we don't appreciate that around these here parts...

Oh wait.... yes we do.

Carry on.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”