Gone for 1 Month..! (don't trash the place 2 bad :)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Gone for 1 Month..! (don't trash the place 2 bad :)

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:18 pm

- Spain, Portugal, Morocco.

I leave Wednesday (Aug 19), but don't actually get on any planes till Monday Aug 24 (3 weeks in foreign lands)

I know shit all about it; the missus put it all together. She picked the destinations and has booked everything without my participation. I have no idea about any of it... I don't even know what language they speak in Morocco, lol (french??)

(Was gonna be Thailand but too expensive apparently. Both on the wallet and perhaps my ass, as I was gonna arrange a meetup with Som. Fate intervenes in mysterious ways :D)

Should I go blind with virgin eyes? Or should I do some research and get a few tangents of thought that may make the trip more meaningful? I have done both in the past and find value in each style of travel. My instincts tell me to go blind, just see it all fresh with as few preconceptions as possible... but everyone I tell this to disagrees and tells me I should do a bunch of reading on history or destinations to give things context.

In any case, I've been a mess trying to get things on order before I go, which is why I ain't been posting much.

Anyways, I'll post a bit more in the next few days, but as of Aug 24 I will be offline pretty much completely. As before, don't trash the place too bad..!! :shock:

**Remember this place is built on POSITIVITY!! Lotta hatey threads goin around, kinda bummed me out tbh

I'm leaving Edge G and Luigi in charge. I think you will find them both fair and wise :D

LATER EVERYONE!! Hope I don't get shot in Casablanca

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:36 pm

As usual, I will bring back some good photos for yaz

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Sounds nice man. Arabic is spoken in Morocco, but French will usually work.

Hope they don't 'rock the casbah' while you're there though, turbulent region these days.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:50 pm

^ well that's one reason I'm interested to go;

from our computers it always seems like the whole world is blowing up. I wanna see for myself.

There was even a thread here recently where people sayin that even the USA is not as upside down as the internet might suggest...

Someone just warned me that Spain recently went full martial law, etc... but we will be visiting friends with kids there & I wanna get a taste of everyday life, talk to these people myself what their perceptions are. Does life go on in Morocco regardless of shit we hear in the news? etc

What is it REALLY like in these places?

A well traveled friend challenged me to talk politics with people if I can and see what kind of things they see/say

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Wow, enjoy dude......hit me up when you get back, works not so busy anymore. and the boys arm is getting better so things are returning to normal.....
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Enjoy your trip dick lips, Ill take care of this place while youre abroad.

Pro Tip - They have the internet overseas too.

superCalo

Postby superCalo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:32 pm

You are far safer in any of those countries than in the USA
They don't tend to shoot people over there for a start
If you're gonna get robbed it might be some kid picking your pocket
rather than someone shooting you in the head, bad guy or cop, one of the other, or both
Know someone who just spent a month in Spain, said would go again in heartbeat prettymuch, far better than expected.

What

Postby What » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Ive been all over spain....used to live in Illetas Mallorca, been to morocco 2 x and Portugal for my honeymoon. all magical places...where in Spain???

have fun and be safe, we will triple the visits here while you're away

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:34 pm

I know what spent a few of his twink years in Spain. I have lived in Fuengirola outside of Malaga for some time.
Also you should have come to Thailand, ain't that expensive. As Uncle said, you'll get by with French in Marroco, just make sure you keep your lady close eh. Unless she's a full on shitskin the dudes will hound her, not always in a charming way.

Me and Vutu will hold the fort down and keep discourse civil.

What

Postby What » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:46 pm

i may be coming to thailand this winter Pom, I was quite serious we gottsa get together. I am Danish and Irish blood you will party with no finer half nutter

Return to “Anarchy Zone”