Knowledge, Wisdom, & Insight

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Knowledge, Wisdom, & Insight

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Hey all

read this today - food for thought:

To some people, the words knowledge, wisdom, and insight are synonyms, not fully understanding the significance of each. These words are not synonyms; however, they do have a close relationship with one another.

Knowledge is an accumulation of facts and information that one gains through their education and experiences. It is a tool to be used either wisely or unwisely at the disposal of its owner; the more vast the collection of knowledge, the more powerful the tool. Any experience, recognition of a transpired event, understanding of a consequence, reading of a book, or even just a simple observation is an acquisition of knowledge. We are continuously gaining knowledge whether we intend to or not, but it is how one chooses to utilize and apply this knowledge where the aspect of wisdom comes in.

Wisdom is the understanding of one’s knowledge and the ability to use it in an intelligent way. To be wise is the ability for one to be able use their collection of knowledge for a particular matter or for a certain situation to aid them in determining the course of action or choice of words with the most desirable consequences. Wisdom is not gained as effortlessly as knowledge; it requires the thought, reflection, and understanding of one’s knowledge or even one’s lack of knowledge. It would wise to remain reserved during the discussion of a topic of which you are not familiar with rather than act unwisely and speak as though you have a considerable understanding of a matter that you have little or no knowledge of.

Insight is perhaps the deepest form of knowing and understanding. For one to have true insight on a matter or situation demonstrates that they not only have the knowledge and the contemplative wisdom of an affair, but that they also have an intuitive connection and an understanding of the true nature of a trade or topic. True insight can only be developed through the acquisition of knowledge, the deliberation of said knowledge into wisdom, and finally the application of said wisdom to achieve the level of insight allowing the ability to understand underlying truths and pass on valuable knowledge and offer advice to those who seek it.

It is important that we expand our wealth of knowledge, devote time to the reflection and the deliberation of what we know in order to bloom our knowledge into wisdom, and apply our wisdom to our path in life to find success and self-fulfillment. Then, perhaps one day we will have some valuable and meaningful insight to offer an individual following a similar path.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:49 am

- This is very good, like inteligence is diferent than being smart.
Some people are smart but never got to school.

Some times being smart is far better than being inteligent.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”