Not-Crediting MMA artists gone too far (Zombie Prophet, etc)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Not-Crediting MMA artists gone too far (Zombie Prophet, etc)

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:11 am

Hey all

Our man Zombie Prohpet was attacked with legal shit from Zuffa for making great GIFs that everyone loved... now after all that harassment he landed a sweet job with ONEFC where they appreciate his work.

I just had a shoop that Dana White tweeted and Instagrammed all over Social media but he fuckin cropped out my logo.

Now this guy named Austin Price ( @AJPrice803 ) made a GREAT Cormier/Bones shoop, and it got featured on the FOX UFC show! Daniel Cormier himself said HE made it!!
lol - again, NO CREDIT

On most social media, mofos are sharing images, paintings, GIFS, etc left and right without a single thought to giving a 1-second shoutout to the person that made it.

I think something needs to be done.
Lets make something grand, like a public service announcement or something drawing attention to this, & encouraging people to have a little respect for those creative types who make all the great shit social media-users love so much.

A short video?

Any ideas? I'll invite some people here who may be interested, see what we can create

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:17 am

Here is the Daniel Cormier STEAL on FOX UFC:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/70 ... yLjro0.mp4

And our man Austin's response, lolol:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/70 ... hL9YwY.mp4

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:18 am

Daniel Cormier is a piece of shit. these guys likely think that because the artists are using their images without permission, they can do it too. without realizing that the guys who make it receive no compensation whatsoever.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

EOW

Postby EOW » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:19 am

I'm up for this 100%

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:26 am

Canuckster wrote:Daniel Cormier is a piece of shit. these guys likely think that because the artists are using their images without permission, they can do it too. without realizing that the guys who make it receive no compensation whatsoever.

Its not about compensation, its not even about credit.

Its about building a culture of respect/appreciation for the creative folk. 1/2 of what makes social media so much fun is all the cool shit people make that gets shared around.

In this day & age it is my opinion that the ARTISTS have the potential to influence the kind of changes we need, but as long as they keep getting ignored and under-appreciated these creative people will likely never feel empowered, which is lame because the truth is that CREATIVITY + SOCIAL MEDIA = SERIOUS POWER.
I'm not just talkin jokes either, creative pees can change a lotta shit if they take their talents more seriously.

Anyways, nuff with the heavy-talk... - WHAT CAN WE MAKE??

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:31 am

LOL, ZP and EOW already comin up with brainstorms...

We could make a prophecy of how shitty the internet would be if all the artists had to watermark their shit like THIS:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CctbySdWEAArYS6.mp4

or this:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/70 ... JlYHPa.mp4

lolol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:34 am

Here's another good reply someone posted in Austin's defense:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 am

Here is a great vid EOE made about Dana stealing my Nate Diaz shoop, lol:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/70 ... dKbFGH.mp4

These guys don't realize who they are messing with :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 am

I think you need to make something that gets their attention in a legal way without crossing the line too much. something that forces them to respond and go from there,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:48 am

^ yeah I think you're in the right direction...

blatantly break the rules, then flip it and bring attention the other way

We also need to get Joe Mama on this for the narration, that guy sounds LEGIT on tha mic lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”