In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Benwahwah

In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

Postby Benwahwah » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:05 pm

In the Winter there are definitely snowy mountains. The Lake District (the National Park in Cumbria) is an incredibly beautiful area. It's just a shame that sunny weather can be few and far between up there.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:00 pm

^ no way man... how else are all the elves and trolls and wee-folk gonna hide from us?

They need the mist and cloud and fog, it bridges gaps between us and the dream-world.

True story, brah.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:16 am

They're in Scandinavia niggah. Benwahwah, with my diet you'll shed those pounds in no time.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:08 pm

I dunno if I can handle the Yaa Dong like you do Som. I think my liver/kidneys would pack in before I lost the weight. :D

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Too much Yaa Dong will wreck your life, but a bit is medicinal. A shot or two here and there won't kill you.

When do you go? You psyched!?

I am for you man. Get over there, kick some ass, and have a blast. You go with the right attitude and you're going to fucking love it.

A whole new world.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Benwahwah wrote:I dunno if I can handle the Yaa Dong like you do Som. I think my liver/kidneys would pack in before I lost the weight. :D

You probably don't want to 'handle things' like Som! Trust me on this one!

Heck, I used to fight and train with really tough guys and I couldn't take a bottle to the face like Som I don't think. I hope we never find out, anyway.

Learn about them and try to fit in while you're there, but stay just different enough they'll think you're special. You got this my man.

And for God's sake, don't try to handle things like Som!

That shit could kill a normal man.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Winnson wrote:Too much Yaa Dong will wreck your life, but a bit is medicinal. A shot or two here and there won't kill you.

When do you go? You psyched!?

I am for you man. Get over there, kick some ass, and have a blast. You go with the right attitude and you're going to fucking love it.

A whole new world.

I fly out on September 19th. I'm very psyched about it, but I admit I'm also quite apprehensive as well. I know there isn't anything to worry about, but it doesn't stop me. :roll:

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:40 pm

It is a different world and you have to fit in there. It's not scary and you will learn a lot, but realize you're going there. They're not coming to you.

It will be a big adjustment, but with the right attitude, a fun one.

Learn some Thai if you can. You have a few months.

Pom Kowjai Pasa Thai Nitnoy Krap!

Don't speak it with your students, but it's good to know a bit of the local language when you get there.

They will love you for that.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:33 pm

So I have started looking into getting vaccinations before I go. I've got a doctors call coming tomorrow so that I can discuss it all with them. As some prep I looked at how much it would probably cost to get what I need, which is basically everything as I will be teaching somewhere fairly rural. I couldn't believe my eyes when I realised they will probably set me back about £460! That is twice as much as my bloody plane ticket cost me.

Goddamn Thailand had better be absolutely incredible. It's going to bloody bankrupt me.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Benwahwah wrote:So I have started looking into getting vaccinations before I go. I've got a doctors call coming tomorrow so that I can discuss it all with them. As some prep I looked at how much it would probably cost to get what I need, which is basically everything as I will be teaching somewhere fairly rural. I couldn't believe my eyes when I realised they will probably set me back about £460! That is twice as much as my bloody plane ticket cost me.

Goddamn Thailand had better be absolutely incredible. It's going to bloody bankrupt me.

Steal loaf of bread

Get sentenced to transportation to Australia

Free vaccinations

Return to “Anarchy Zone”