In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

Postby Canuckster » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Vutulaki-san wrote:Masato why do you believe in all that womanly bullshit like graphic arts and "thoughts have power"?

Does it get the girls or something?

Yes it gets girls. Just maybe not the kind of one's you're hoping for
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Awesome man. If you see this through, it will change your life.

Be prepared to be horrified at first. You are making a goal 'losing weight' before you go there. I guarantee that if you go there and stick it out the whole time, you will lose all the weight you want and more! The food will freak you out and you probably won't want to eat much of it. That's a win.

If you can take the culture shock and don't bail out, you're going to lose lots and lots of weight really fast!

I hope the training is good and if it is, stick it out man, even if it seems like hell sometimes.

Seeing this through will make you a much better character in the long run. I guarantee it.

Good luck! You got this!

And feel free to whine and bitch about how awful everything is there in the backwoods of Thailand once in a while. It's going to suck for a bit, LOL!

Just remember to see the beauty in it too, and what it is going to do for you in the long run.

Good luck becoming a man boss! You're going to need it for the first little bit.

Culture shock is a bitch!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:28 am

Smoking ganja is helpful.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:23 pm

I'm not going anywhere near drugs in Thailand. I've read far too many horror stories to even think about it.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:39 pm

What you read and hear are often opposite to what you experience in real life.

Read up sure, but careful what you believe. After getting out there and really living life for a bit, you will find that what you have read about it just might be pants on head retarded.

Go forth, enjoy, and don't believe everything that you read in the press. As you get older and more experienced, you will understand that more and more.

Have fun and stick it out. There will be some rough patches for you, but in the long run it will all be worth it.

Keep us posted.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:53 pm

I'll definitely stick it out. If there is one thing that the Rudd family is good at it is seeing things to the bitter end.

I'm sure there will be rough spots and I'll be here to lean on you guys, and get valuable advice. I'm super lucky that I have the likes of you, Som, and I think DB? Who are living the ex-pat life. I will be looking to you guys for advice, try and learn through your wisdom and experiences. As much as a good few of you may disagree Papa Rudd didn't raise a fool.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:17 pm

good luck & godspeed brother!

stay in touch.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Chok dee!

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Thanks Daglord and Luigi.

So far things are going good. I'm down to 344 pounds (about 24 and a 1/2 stone,or 156kg), at the minute I'm losing 3-5 pounds a week which is awesome. I'm walking at least 5 miles on weekdays at the minute (on the weekends I just chill to give my feet a chance to rest up, blisters are a real bitch at the minute), and sometimes getting in as much as 10 miles. I'd love to get down to 280 pounds (20 stone, 127kg) by September so I need to keep hard at it.

At the minute I also have my eating under control, I'm getting between 1,500 - 2,000 calories a day at the minute. The app I have (my fitness pal) says that with the exercise I do I can have about 2,800 calories, but I'm not taking any chances.

It's going to be a long battle, but at the minute at least I feel up to the challenge.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Return to “Anarchy Zone”