In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Benwahwah

In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

Postby Benwahwah » Sun May 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Just a quick update for you all. The weight loss is going well. I went up to my home town for a funeral and everyone was commenting on how well I looked. I'm now down to 333 pounds (a good one for EY), which works out at 151kg or 23 stone 11 pounds.

I've still got a fair way to go before I hit my target weight for when I leave, which is 280 pounds - 127kg - 20 stone, obviously I'd like to be even lighter, but I wanted to set a somewhat realistic goal for September. So I've started going swimming for an hour each day I'm at work at the pool near there. I think I may have 'pulled' there, as there is a lady who is old enough to be by grandmother who has bumped into me two days in a row now! :o

Anyway, take it easy everyone, I figured I'd just keep you all up to date for now.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Awesome work Ben, keep it up. Don't give in
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sun May 29, 2016 2:24 pm

I've just realised that the woman is probably only old enough to be my mother, getting old sucks.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 29, 2016 2:33 pm

that alone should be motivation to get in shape.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon May 30, 2016 12:15 am

Swimming is a terrible way to lose weight, core body temp drops and appetite rises.

Start running fatty or just wait to get to TL, that place will melt some pounds off you.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 30, 2016 9:11 am

Swimming isn't the best way to lose weight, but it's a great way to get muscles working that aren't used to working with a nice low impact.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue May 31, 2016 1:01 am

Canuckster wrote:Swimming isn't the best way to lose weight, but it's a great way to get muscles working that aren't used to working with a nice low impact.

He's not old enough for aqua aerobics mate, dude needs to join a MT camp when he gets to TL and stop being a fatty.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Tue May 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Trust me, when Ben gets to Thailand those pounds are going to melt right off!

Great food here in Asia, but not so great you want to stuff yourself on it.

A lot of the grub here is pretty gross, so you just put enough in your system to keep you going.

TBH, Ben is going to be horrified at the menu for a bit, wonder what the fuck he got himself into, and then fight or flight.

If he sticks it out, I figure he'll lose about a hundred pounds and come in about 225 at the end of his contract.

If he doesn't, he doesn't.

I think he does it. I hope so anyway. It will open up a whole new world.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue May 31, 2016 7:03 pm

Winnson wrote:Trust me, when Ben gets to Thailand those pounds are going to melt right off!

Great food here in Asia, but not so great you want to stuff yourself on it.

A lot of the grub here is pretty gross, so you just put enough in your system to keep you going.

TBH, Ben is going to be horrified at the menu for a bit, wonder what the fuck he got himself into, and then fight or flight.

If he sticks it out, I figure he'll lose about a hundred pounds and come in about 225 at the end of his contract.

If he doesn't, he doesn't.

I think he does it. I hope so anyway. It will open up a whole new world.

I think food will be the least of my problems. I will eat pretty much anything, I can't wait to try Grasshoppers and stuff like that. Everything I've read says that Thai food is incredible, so I'm not sure why you think I'll struggle.

I reckon that the heat is where the weight will fly off. My pasty fat white ass is gonna struggle. If you watch Game of Thrnes think of Winterfell and Castle Black. That is pretty much like where I come from in Cumbria. If it hits 10 degrees Celsius I am walking around in a t-shirt think to myself how warm it is!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:28 pm

looks like a lovely place:

are there really snowy mountains there?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”