In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Benwahwah

In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

Postby Benwahwah » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:39 am

Over the last month or two I have been in the process of arranging what I will be doing once my internship at the Uni I'm currently working at finishes.

I'm absolutely delighted to report that I have been accepted onto a training and placement program in Thailand! It starts just 3 days after my internship finishes. The deal is that the training for the TEFL that I will receive will be heavily subsidised by a company called MediaKids. They will then place me somewhere in a more rural area of Thailand. I am sure that they will be garnishing my wage slightly as well, but I'm not too bothered about that as I will be receiving 27,000 THB and a property to live in. Which from what I've read is plenty of money. Plus I will gain valuable experience of actually teaching English as a foreign language.

The next 6 months are going to be fairly busy for me. I need to keep losing weight, (I'm currently at 350 pounds and want to get down to 280 pounds.) and also start to learn some Thai.

Anyway, I know I don't post here as often as I should, but I do consider myself a part of the community and I wanted to share my good news with you guys.

I also want to say a big thank you to Winnson and Som for giving me advice via PM on my interviews I had to do. You guys were spot on as always.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:00 am

That's awesome news dude, good luck
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Benwahwah wrote:
The next 6 months are going to be fairly busy for me. I need to keep losing weight, (I'm currently at 350 pounds and want to get down to 280 pounds.) and also start to learn some Thai.

You can trane Muay Thai and become the future Lumpinee super heavyweight champ. Not too many super heavies there I gather.

And congrats!

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:38 pm

I'm a lover, not a fighter DB. Even the kids would probably kick the ever living shit out of me.

I am super excited at the minute though. I admit I'm a bit nervous as well, it will be the first time I have ever left Europe. In fact I've just realised that I am the first person in my family who will actually live and work abroad. (My uncle takes long holidays in Thailand but it is always on a tourist visa.)

So it is a massive step for me to take. But as much as I'm nervous about it all the excitement is far out-weighing it.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Best of luck Big Ben. Sounds like a lot of fun to me!
el rey del mambo

What

Postby What » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 pm

There is something incredibly freeing for your soul to leave your birthland to go and work abroad.

There are so many expats from England that wanted to get the hell out of the UK that I have met. They are generally cantankerous about how their country is turning out. I saw the warnings and so did most all of the british I had met selling property in Spain over 25 years ago, they all complained about how the immigration is/was taking over the country and ruining it. Wow what 25 years of time has done

Wish you all the best in this endeavour Ben, great opportunities will come to you in these travels, enjoy the ride

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Benwahwah wrote:I'm a lover, not a fighter DB. Even the kids would probably kick the ever living shit out of me.

I am super excited at the minute though. I admit I'm a bit nervous as well, it will be the first time I have ever left Europe. In fact I've just realised that I am the first person in my family who will actually live and work abroad. (My uncle takes long holidays in Thailand but it is always on a tourist visa.)

So it is a massive step for me to take. But as much as I'm nervous about it all the excitement is far out-weighing it.

- We could arrange a fight to you.
Against this guy

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:15 am

No worries Benwahwah, I'll help you with anything you need. Except money :D If you want to learn Thai then my advice is to go to the nearest Thai restaurant, ask them to help you learn. They will happily do it, Thais are really cool and helpful. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask either here or on FB. http://www.thethailandlife.com/10-facts ... nd-customs

All of this is quite spot on.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:52 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:I'm a lover, not a fighter DB. Even the kids would probably kick the ever living shit out of me.

- We could arrange a fight to you.
Against this guy

Erm, no thanks Edge.

I was thinking something more like this.

He'd need to realise that he was getting paid no matter what. If you know what I mean.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:54 am

Som-Pong wrote:No worries Benwahwah, I'll help you with anything you need. Except money :D If you want to learn Thai then my advice is to go to the nearest Thai restaurant, ask them to help you learn. They will happily do it, Thais are really cool and helpful. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask either here or on FB. http://www.thethailandlife.com/10-facts ... nd-customs

All of this is quite spot on.

Thanks for the link dude. A very interesting site, although I doubt I'll meet any bar-girls after his write-up now.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”