In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
What

In September I'm going to Thailand for a year!

Postby What » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:18 pm

Winnson wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:I dunno if I can handle the Yaa Dong like you do Som. I think my liver/kidneys would pack in before I lost the weight. :D

You probably don't want to 'handle things' like Som! Trust me on this one!

Heck, I used to fight and train with really tough guys and I couldn't take a bottle to the face like Som I don't think. I hope we never find out, anyway.

Learn about them and try to fit in while you're there, but stay just different enough they'll think you're special. You got this my man.

And for God's sake, don't try to handle things like Som!

That shit could kill a normal man.

Jesus christ

What

Postby What » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:19 pm

how close that looks to being a terminal hit for fuck sakes

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:22 am

One of my nicknames is die hard lol will be great seeing you Ben.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:58 am

Honestly Som, I can't wait to meet up with you. I reckon it's going to be an epic few days to start my life in Thailand.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:45 pm

Hey Ben

Our man Johnkilo sent me this youtube channel

Some funny/inspiring stuff but mostly this, check it:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I found him because of this, which is AWESOME:

Our man robbstar says it's sped up, but I don't want to believe it, lol

post weight-loss:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Here is the channel, I haven't watched any others but apparently he's pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ConalCochran/featured

Its weird to see him making videos even way before he started losing weight and kept blogging all the way through

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Just an update on what is happening, and looking for some advice on my current thought processes.

So the companies I will be working with have changed the deal of what will be happening. Initially I was locked in for two terms and was get a place to live and 27,000 THB a month to live off.

That was the old deal. The new deal is that I will only be locked in for one term, get a place to live but just get 25,000 THB a month to live on. However, if I want to I will be able to sign back up for a second term (with an as yet undisclosed re-signing bonus) and will get paid 31,000 THB a month as well as a place to live in.

So now, if I stick out the two terms I will get paid an average of 28,000 THB a month, but I also have the option to finish after just one term if I want to. So overall I am really happy with this arrangement and think it is far better for someone like myself who is looking at this as a long term prospect.

Now for my action plan. At the minute I am thinking about doing three terms in Thailand. So looking to leave at the end of Feb 2018. I figure that I may look at South Korea as my next stop after Thailand as I have heard that the money is pretty damn good and compared to places like Japan it is relatively inexpensive to live there.

Will the three terms (a year and a half) worth of experience give me good leverage in trying to find jobs in other countries? From books that I have been reading, and sites that I have been checking out I think that this kind of timescale will make me fairly well qualified in the TEFL industry. Obviously with Winnson and Som on here I am interested to hear their opinions as veterans of the TEFL world, as well as any of you other guys and your thoughts.

Obviously, I could get to Thailand, absolutely love it and never want to leave so never end up making this transition, but I figure it never hurts to have plans. :)

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:41 am

Get to Bangkok, I'll sort you with a job that should pay about 35k, and I'm talking teaching English. Seriously dude, keep on loosing that weight get to Bangkok and I've got you.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:02 pm

The clocks ticks are starting to get really fucking loud. Just a week and a half until I'm jetting off to Thailand now.

I was meant to be staying with my Uncle for a few days in Pattaya, but it seems like he has got himself a job in the UK so that isn't happening now. So I've booked myself a hotel in Bangkok that looks really good and was just £70 for 4 nights.

Som had said he would put me up, but I didn't want to be a nuisance, he is going to be teaching for most of the time after all. I can't wait to meet up with him though, it should be epic.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”