TRAVEL DESTINATIONS: Expectation vs Reality

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

TRAVEL DESTINATIONS: Expectation vs Reality

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 pm

This is why you don't go to the major tourist destinations imo, no joke.

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

EXPECTATION:
REALITY:
Spoiler:

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:29 am

Very true.

What

Postby What » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:00 am

Have you ever considered seagulls always sound best far away, now blend that with some surf sounds and it may lull you into a nice deep sleep. bring all that source of sound to within 20 feet, and I guarantee you will fight for silence with serious angst at the shit hawk or will need to swim hard to keep your head above water.

dig the post Masato, it is true that perception isn't always reality but we rely on our perception so heavily just to get us through the day sometimes. marketing/selling anything requires such a rich imagination and the willingness to believe, so does buying. It is all about timing and bringing forward to bolster the positive image while declining the negatives or "getting past the no's"

these pictures are a straight up con job that seems to be acceptable and part of our culture. the ignorance of anyone who may believe they won't have to share their holiday with hundreds of others, possibly thousands on the clogged tourist pathways is absurd. commercial tourism has to be worst way to see the world, it is the way the majority of people travel by booking packaged top ten image holidays

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:00 am

The problem is (and I am guilty of this myself), no one ever takes pictures of the 'Reality'. We always try to sneak that pic in where no one is in frame. We delete the ones that have junk in them, and show off just the sweet ones that look like the travel posters.

We perpetuate the lie :D

I am really quite done with traveling to well-known destinations. I've been to a few, even been on those tour bus groups and sure they are cool for lots of reasons but it really does feel dumb too.

I'm much more interested in real-life places, going around the countryside, small towns etc. If a destination is well-known, it means you've probably seen it already 1000x through various media, so what's the point? Go see fresh shit your brain doesn't already have a context for.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:04 am

To be honest I seem to be growing less and less interested in travel in general. I am finding that life and reality is just as fascinating anywhere you go. I have seen some exotic places but in the end people are just people, doing their thing. Nature is nature, earth is earth etc. Here it is. Its right here, right out your door. What is best about a vacation for me is simply taking the time off of one's regular routine/work etc. Unplugging from responsibility for a period of time. But do you really need to spend tons of money and go somewhere far away to do this? 1 week in a cottage a few hours north of here sounds just as lovely...

Trouble is the wife loves that shit lol She says she is taking me to Italy in Sept whether I like it (or can afford it) or not.

I'll post lots of deceptive photos for y'all
:D

Return to “Anarchy Zone”