UFC 200 : Battle of the Blackwater

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Jehannum

UFC 200 : Battle of the Blackwater

Postby Jehannum » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:11 pm

My updated "Game of Thrones" themed shoop/romo art for the UFC 200 milestone event

(click images for full resolution)

VERSION 2.1
Version 2 is a lot bolder than the first, and moved to a new setting entirely.
(Now updated to incorporate the addition of Anderson Silva to the event)

LEGEND 2.1
I'd like viewers to guess which fighter is which character, but I'm not that cruel.

PROMO made a few days before first launch
I resized it for this forum, but here is the original http://i.imgur.com/CmmibGV.jpg
Spoiler:

VERSION 1 made in April 2016
Conor & Nate may no longer be on the card, but their story is still to be told.
Spoiler:

VERSION 2 + LEGEND made in July 2016
Before Jon Jones failed his drugs test and was replaced by Anderson Silva
Spoiler:

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:56 pm

and it's arrived!! would love to hear your thoughts guys!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:11 am

Hey man, this is a masterpiece!

lol too bad I don't know anything about Game of Thrones, so I'm missing all the jokes... but the shooping is nice! :D real nice color correcting

Where are you shooping these days? Sherdog? MMAC? both? I miss the creative buzz of being part of a gang like that but am also enjoying being off the wagon again for a while. I still get ideas from time to time that I just have to make, like scratching an itch lol. Here was the last MMA one I did: dream-fight-action-series-1-mcgregor-vs-mayweather-t3616.html I don't think I shared it at Sherdog though

Fungi just posted here the other day, remember him? Maybe not, most of my crew all grew up and became dads lol

Thanks for posting, I know there's not too many shoopers here at the moment but I do like getting a knock sometimes from the shoop crew, who knows maybe I'll get the buzz again and come join a tournament somewhere. Do you guys compete at the MMAC? Or just make/post for fun? Tournaments are fun but I think just making for fun at one's own pace is where the real gems come out. You only shoop when inspiration hits

Have fun posting that around, I'm sure it will get lots o lulz for anyone familiar with the show

Glad to see you here man, always welcome

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:44 am

Masato wrote:Hey man, this is a masterpiece!

lol too bad I don't know anything about Game of Thrones, so I'm missing all the jokes... but the shooping is nice! :D real nice color correcting

Where are you shooping these days? Sherdog? MMAC? both? I miss the creative buzz of being part of a gang like that but am also enjoying being off the wagon again for a while. I still get ideas from time to time that I just have to make, like scratching an itch lol. Here was the last MMA one I did: dream-fight-action-series-1-mcgregor-vs-mayweather-t3616.html I don't think I shared it at Sherdog though

Fungi just posted here the other day, remember him? Maybe not, most of my crew all grew up and became dads lol

Thanks for posting, I know there's not too many shoopers here at the moment but I do like getting a knock sometimes from the shoop crew, who knows maybe I'll get the buzz again and come join a tournament somewhere. Do you guys compete at the MMAC? Or just make/post for fun? Tournaments are fun but I think just making for fun at one's own pace is where the real gems come out. You only shoop when inspiration hits

Have fun posting that around, I'm sure it will get lots o lulz for anyone familiar with the show

Glad to see you here man, always welcome

I'm no longer posting at TMMAC but I do at sherdog, just haven't shooped a lot of different projects because I am involved in the "Non-Gif Shoop Contest" on sherdog. I qualified for the final (top 15 out of 28) after submitting this for UFC 199

Spoiler:

the final is UFC 200 so I've had to finish this Game of Thrones one while also working on my entry for that.

here are the sherdog thread links for the UFC 199 competition

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/votin ... s.3263439/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/votin ... s.3263443/

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:52 am

^ OMG that is awesome, lolol

MMA movie posters is a concept I've thought lots about but never really executed

...NON-GIF SHOOP CONTEST?? lol why didn't anyone call me?? :D that sounds fresh, gifs are so time consuming.

Why don't you post at MMAC anymore? I thought you were fully on board, you had a MMAC twitter an everything, no?

Looking forward to browsing those threads, and to see who's still active over there. Is Chuck still running things?

Awesome work man

later

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:41 am

Masato wrote:^ OMG that is awesome, lolol

MMA movie posters is a concept I've thought lots about but never really executed

...NON-GIF SHOOP CONTEST?? lol why didn't anyone call me?? :D that sounds fresh, gifs are so time consuming.

Why don't you post at MMAC anymore? I thought you were fully on board, you had a MMAC twitter an everything, no?

Looking forward to browsing those threads, and to see who's still active over there. Is Chuck still running things?

Awesome work man

later
I got overly irritated with one of the mods, and of course we can't ignore mods :)

disabled the twitter and back on my @sn1gger one

I really loved the Schwarzenegger theme when making my entry, and I didn't finish it till an hour before the deadline roughly. The entry I'm working on for the final is much more technical and is requiring a lot of my available brain power to get all the angles right, but it's gonna be epic in it's own way. too nerdy to be a winning entry sadly but I'm taking the same route ... stay true to myself and screw the votes :D

learnt a few lessons from that 199 entry though, for presentation and also comedy

EDIT: Chuck is retired for now, and bigwaverider has taken over the shooping stuff as a new mod

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:03 pm

^ you know this place was originally spawned as a mod-free/rules-free haven for shoopers, right?

After the old Sherdog mods (they've changed now but I'm still paranoid lol) banned me, a bunch of us oldschoolers all had an exodus here. Was glorious for a while, making the Comics of Chaos etc, but like I said most of em all went their ways.

Sad to hear you had a fallout with the MMAC, they also banned me but later made peace but was always a bit sour. Also hella jealous of their exploding membership count lol, they grew that place fast. Gotta give props for that.

Hope Sherdog keeps their shoop-community healthy and happy, otherwise send em this way, we can still have an anarchic shoopers revolution yet lol

I'm still gaining interest in using shoop-skills beyond just MMA for potentially more meaningful concepts, but haven't got far yet lol

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:45 am

Masato wrote:^ you know this place was originally spawned as a mod-free/rules-free haven for shoopers, right?

After the old Sherdog mods (they've changed now but I'm still paranoid lol) banned me, a bunch of us oldschoolers all had an exodus here. Was glorious for a while, making the Comics of Chaos etc, but like I said most of em all went their ways.

Sad to hear you had a fallout with the MMAC, they also banned me but later made peace but was always a bit sour. Also hella jealous of their exploding membership count lol, they grew that place fast. Gotta give props for that.

Hope Sherdog keeps their shoop-community healthy and happy, otherwise send em this way, we can still have an anarchic shoopers revolution yet lol

I'm still gaining interest in using shoop-skills beyond just MMA for potentially more meaningful concepts, but haven't got far yet lol
bigwaverider is also doing a lot of non-MMA shooping for http://photoshopcontest.com/ although it's not really something I am interested in (yet) but it's pretty cool trying to come up with a competition entry using the same base image as everyone else.

here is his profile

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/prof ... e&u=292974

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:28 am

^ thanks for the info.

shooping pushes the creative mind. I don't have the steam to dive into a big pool again anytime soon, but if you ever wanna do some freestyle shooping here just for lulz and practice I will keep up I still really dig the Comic of Chaos idea, those are a lot of fun if enough people jump in

Anyway thanks for dropping in, keep us posted how the non-GIF contest goes... next time if there is a contest under those rules please hit me up!!! I will participate in something like that for sure, GIFS are so exhausting :)

see ya

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:47 am

The Spider is now in the poster (FIRST POST UPDATED)

Spoiler:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”