The Vent thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

The Vent thread

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:25 pm

PS: Great idea for a thread... I like to keep this place positive but we all need to bitch about things sometimes...

I have a love/hate relationship with my work too... it seems to eat up way too much time - do I work to live or live to work? Also I have many conflicted feelings that my work is used in advertising... I feel I am promoting an industry that is unhealthy :( I want so bad to get out and make a career doing REAL creative work or activism in some way, but no dice yet. Will keep pushing

Also dealing with some mild addiction issues that I struggle with...

Do you have family? I work better when I start thinking that my wife/kids are relying on me.
If I was a bachelor I'd be lazy as fuck, lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Luigi wrote:Im still young enough that im not worried about T, but I honestly should exercise more. The thing with working out is I have the same issue, I will feel tired and put it off until the ever elusive "next time".

Also about the Wrestlemania thing: I watched a lot of WWF/E when I was younger and I remember having similar complaints. Every now and then there would be some big bodybuilder guy who would come in and get wins over popular established guys.

- You shold check, that's a lot of things that can lead to low T, if needed the doc is only prescrib you a gel, some pill or even a shot to bring your levels to normal.
I was feeling the way you described because i took a long time without exercising, i usualy wake up 07:00, sometimes 06:00, but i started sleeping more, and more, i love stretching, but i stopped, and only stretched like two times per month, i've got from 185 to 200, and even going to work was hard.
I simply started working out again, and felling better, of course the first months sucked, i got to 190 now, want to get to 185\187 again, even 180.
I didn't took anything, just restarted exercising.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Goddamn it, I've had just about enough of this constant whining around here.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank you Canuckster..!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:00 am

Masato wrote:I think it comes down to that we only like to do what makes us happy. Maybe give yourself a reward, like if you get it done early you can seize that time to do something you love, and reversely if you goof around you won't get anything of value done.

Completing things intrinsically motivated can be addicting... and this addiction often has the power to move the crap out of the way much quicker so you can get to it.

I also use this strategy, traditionally I dont let myself buy frivolous goods unless I excel and get shit done. It worked for a long time, but I hit the next roadblock. I wasnt quite sure what it was until now, but your comment that "its worth it" is exactly what I have to tell myself. I know I have to succeed, I know giving up isnt worth it, but I think I have to just tell myself that it really is worth it to succeed, and its as simple as that.

You know this thread is really making me feel more motivated, not necessarily to work, or even succeed, but to rediscover the mental pathways needed to properly pursue success. I am gonna try really hard to get this in my head. I will probably spend some time meditating and make a big sign on my wall that says "its worth it". Its just what I need.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:14 am

Masato wrote:PS: Great idea for a thread... I like to keep this place positive but we all need to bitch about things sometimes...

I have a love/hate relationship with my work too... it seems to eat up way too much time - do I work to live or live to work? Also I have many conflicted feelings that my work is used in advertising... I feel I am promoting an industry that is unhealthy :( I want so bad to get out and make a career doing REAL creative work or activism in some way, but no dice yet. Will keep pushing

Also dealing with some mild addiction issues that I struggle with...

Do you have family? I work better when I start thinking that my wife/kids are relying on me.
If I was a bachelor I'd be lazy as fuck, lol

I know the feeling about work conflicting with beliefs, I often have to work out of the country yet I am passionately patriotic and feel a strong connection to my local cultural group. I love going abroad but when u start to feel disconnected from your people its a shitty feeling. I also have interest in doing activist work but I dont think I could do it as a career.

Good luck with the addiction. My brother has a very addictive personality and it seems he's always finding something new to be addicted to, so I know how hard it can be to overcome.

Im not married but I have been dating a woman for a few years. I dont think I have gotten a full dose of the pressure of economic responsibility for others yet though. My gf works a lot and makes the same amount of money I do, so I dont really feel like Im in a bread-winner kind of role.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:17 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote:Im still young enough that im not worried about T, but I honestly should exercise more. The thing with working out is I have the same issue, I will feel tired and put it off until the ever elusive "next time".

Also about the Wrestlemania thing: I watched a lot of WWF/E when I was younger and I remember having similar complaints. Every now and then there would be some big bodybuilder guy who would come in and get wins over popular established guys.

- You shold check, that's a lot of things that can lead to low T, if needed the doc is only prescrib you a gel, some pill or even a shot to bring your levels to normal.
I was feeling the way you described because i took a long time without exercising, i usualy wake up 07:00, sometimes 06:00, but i started sleeping more, and more, i love stretching, but i stopped, and only stretched like two times per month, i've got from 185 to 200, and even going to work was hard.
I simply started working out again, and felling better, of course the first months sucked, i got to 190 now, want to get to 185\187 again, even 180.
I didn't took anything, just restarted exercising.

I think getting active again will help a lot. I remember I always felt like a million bucks when I worked out 5 days a week. Its just a matter of making the time to make it happen. Thanks for the advice Edge.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:33 am

Also, listening to NOFX helps a lot

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:04 pm

PS:

Luigi - do you tend to have really strong high moments in your life too? I am beginning to suspect that many of us work in cycles... our highs and lows, appetites and contentments, etc etc might very well go in waves. I tend to go through frequent cycles with a number of personal things, creativity as well. I'll be useless for a time and then they all flood in later unexpectedly.

I would like very much one day to keep a little journal over several months and see if there is any pattern to it

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Masato wrote:PS:

Luigi - do you tend to have really strong high moments in your life too? I am beginning to suspect that many of us work in cycles... our highs and lows, appetites and contentments, etc etc might very well go in waves. I tend to go through frequent cycles with a number of personal things, creativity as well. I'll be useless for a time and then they all flood in later unexpectedly.

I would like very much one day to keep a little journal over several months and see if there is any pattern to it

- I think everyone has good days and bad days, is like when training, some days you got the strength of Mark Henry, other days the strength of Woody Allen.
In case of competing, you need to manage everything to be a good day in the day of competition, and several times isn't that the case.( You're slow, tired, can't respond well).

That can be physical or mental, same with creativity, the pressure to finish the job, the guy that hired you keep asking for aleatory changes.

Maybe what we call of eccentricity is nothing more than superstition?

Anyway is unnatural to put the left shoes before the right.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”