If youre on a computer for long hours

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

If youre on a computer for long hours

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Especially into the night try this https://justgetflux.com/

Ive installed it and its great.

"
Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

f.lux
f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better."

Sleeping much earlier, actually too early tonight hence im up at 1226 but yeah try it out

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:46 pm

The OP doesnt mention that the app automatically sets your screen colors based on the time of day at your location. You can change the settings if youre say a shift worker, maybe set it to a time zone where its 9 am at the time you start your shift

What

Postby What » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:35 pm

cool Thanks Vutu

Now this is for you man..........just sing with "hey Vutu"......

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:19 pm

This one time the government of Hong Kong decided to raise computer workplace awareness and we had to record everything about all our workplace computers. Height of the keyboard, height of the monitor, placement of the mouse, type of chair at each station etc etc etc, every detail.

They also gave us this handy little program to reduce workplace stress and we were to install it on every computer we had, no exceptions. It was essential that we do this and they even came back and checked that we did.

What the program did is that every 30,000 keyboard strokes, it would shut down your computer for a few minutes and suggest wonderful stretching exercises. There was nothing you could do to override the program once it started. Even if you held down the power button and started the computer again, the program would finish its stretching exercises. The amount of stress that program caused for the short time it was installed was amazing. You should have seen the pure rage. People were ready to kill me for installing it.

Sorry, just following government orders.

I think I'm good with apps that help me regulate my computer thanks. Never, ever again.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”