The weed thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

The weed thread

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:14 am

Found this gem on the interwebs

How to Decarboxylate and fry cannabis oil quickly and completely

Important points:
Decarboxylate in microwave or oven (oven takes more time)
Fry the cannabis until dark brown
Eat with a meal

Tools:
Butter or oil
Scissors
Microwave
Glass plate for microwave/oven dish for oven
Stainless Steel container or pot
Spoon
Stove

Total 6 grams in my photos, which will give you anywhere from 1 to 6 doses. This is just schwag. You can use any amount, just adjust the amount of oil (to submerge cannabis) accordingly.

Decarboxylation Details:

There are carboxyl-group containing cannabinoids like cannabigerolic acid, cannabidiolic acid, which is an oxidocyclized version of cannabigerolic acid, and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, that when they lose thier respective carboxyl group, become psychoactive.

Although all the pharmacologic literature I've read has focused on THCa, CBDa and CBGa, there are more phytocannabinoids that have a carboxyl group in them - who, after being decarboxylated - become psychoactive compounds. Nothing has shown CC's (carboxyl cannabinoids) to potentiate recreational use more then the same phytocannabinoids would as decarboxylated compounds. THIS is why you decarboxylate, to convert your THCa, CBDa, and CBGa all into non-acid forms, our beloved psychoactive compounds. So now that you know why to decarboxylate, here's how:

MICROWAVING

Microwave each set of 3 grams, for about 1 minute, 30 seconds to 2 minutes each. This is decarboxylation.

On the second batch, I re-microwaved for 1 minute to finish off.

Microwaving cannabis is safer then touching your cannabis with your hand.

If you’re decarboxylating small batches at a time you should learn how to do it in your microwave. And if it works one day, go extra time the next time. You’ll see its harder then you think to ‘burn up’ or ‘destroy’ any active cannabinoids in the microwave. Your herb will smell stronger, more pungent and crumble with ease when it’s decarboxylated - oven OR microwave method.

In the oven, you are going to want to do it for longer then 20 minutes, depending on how much bud you have, it’s degree of dryness, and your chosen temp. 325 to 350 is well known to be safe. At these temps, 25 minutes or more is more than likely necessary. If it smells more dank after the oven decarboxylation than before, and crumbles very easily, its decarboxylated.

Alternatively, you can get a food dehydrator.

You can tell when it's ready, by the strong smell (not THC escaping, but terpenes escaping) and by pinching the bud in your index and thumb finger, and trying to crush it. If the small nugs crumble, it's decarboxylated. Decarboxylation is when the THC-acid molecule looses it's COOH group, converting it from an inactive kidney cleaner, into the psychedelic THC.

How well you decarboxylate, affected by how well you can discern when the cannabis has been decarboxylated, is 50% of making this oil as potent as possible. The other 50%, is frying it until it's dark brown.

If you skip this step, or use your cannabis without it crumbling and dry, it won't be the potent oil it can be.

NOTE: Re-microwaving is safe, if you microwaved for a minute and 30 seconds and it didnt fully decarboxylate, when re-microwaving the microwave has to re-heat the glass plate youre using to hold the plant.

NOTE 2: Always decarboxylate for at least one minute! Even if it's half a gram you're doing. 2 minutes in the microwave at once, does not equal two separate one minute microwaves. The key is to heat, in the microwave, the cannabis until it smells and crumbles like it's decarboxylated.

Does Microwaving Destroy THC?

Yesterday I used the microwave to decarboxylate another batch, but this time I microwaved for 2 minutes, three separate times. This decarboxylated the bud even more! 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes is safe because the glass plate doesnt get hot enough to vaporize the cannabinoids.

Even if you stop it at 2 minutes, mix up the bud on the plate, and microwave for another 2 minutes, it's safe. 2 minute microwaves in two sets does NOT equal 4 minutes in the microwave. 4 minutes will burn your cannabis and cannabinoids, but two separate 2 minute sets works to decarboxylate better than once. Yesterdays batch was stronger and I used less bud, so I know that microwaving the same cannabis twice for 2 minutes each time is safe, and reccomended.

[​IMG]

I left the bud with small nugs as you can see on the plate below, because when I try to crush these little nugs I can get a feel for wether the bud has decarboxylated. If they crumble, they are done.

Now you have your 6 (2 sets of 3) grams of decarboxylated cannabis, it should smell stronger then before, be extra dry and crumble when you try to crumble it.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

This is my stainless steel container, oil inside, but lard is clear, so you can't see it. This is where you add your oil/butter of choice to the container.

LARD

Lard is not the only fat you can cook with, any fat will do, but here's why I use it (among other fats for different occasions):

Lard can be cooked with any meat, and its good to fry in. Potatoes fried in lard, thats what they call chips in the UK. If youre going to use lard for your cannabis edibles I only recommend it if you like how it tastes by itself, and you eat it the way I do in the thread. Reason being, it would taste weird in brownies, and would probably not go well on any sweets in general. Lard works for meats and broths, soups and stocks.

I eat tablespoons of cannabis infused lard with my steak meals, but thats because I've learned that saturated fat is the healthiest fat, because we've been eating it for millenia. It has large amount of saturated and monounsaturated fat. I try to keep my diet at around 65-70% fat, 25% protien and 5-10% carbs. Now that I think about it, I wouldnt eat my infused lard any other way then straight with meat, or possibly soup.

Lard is such a cheap fat, like a dollar a pound, compared to olive oil or coconut oil. Not to mention it's perfect for for frying or cooking, since it has no particles like unrefined coco/olive oil, and tastes great on potatoes and plant foods. If I want to fry some potatoes, cook some meat with bell peppers, onion, or any other vegetables, I always use lard.

If your fat is solid at room temp, like butter or lard or any other saturated fat, melt the lard or butter in the container by itself until the fat becomes a liquid. You obviously melt the butter in the container or pot over the stovetop.

Only add enough to cover the cannabis in the same container!

You can always add extra fat later, remember, but you CANT TAKE ANY OIL OUT after the cannabis is added if you put too much.

Butter bubbles when fried, so butter can help reach any bud that gets stuck on the side of the container.

Combinations of butter and other fats work too.

[​IMG]

This is the same container, with melted lard, cannabis, and see the white thing? Thats a little bit extra (solidified at room tempurature) lard for good measure.

Sometimes you need to add a little extra oil to make sure all the cannabis is submerged.

More oil to cannabis will spread out the amount of time it takes for your body to digest the oil and recieve the cannabinoids.

[​IMG]

FRYING THE CANNABIS

That extra lard will quickly melt down into the rest of the oil.

By this time you have all of your decarboxylated cannabis inside the container, with sufficient fat to cover and submerge the cannabis.

For the frying, you only want to fry for under 5 minutes. The direct flame as you can see, heats the oil and cannabis in the container.

If you have an electric stove, use that, if you have an outdoor stove - thats even better - because there is a little bit of smoke and lots and lots of smell! This is okay and safe and you're doing it right, the smell is terpenes, not active cannabinoids.

Turn on the fans, open the windows, or if you can, do the entire frying process outside. Within about 20 minutes, the smell should dissipate anyway. But for extra safety, be ready to air out location.

Stir consistantly as it fries. It should be smelling and bubbling now. Fry like this, on a medium-high heat until dark brown. This is a fast process, about 5 minutes.

[​IMG]

Once you think it's been fried DARK BROWN, wait an extra 30 seconds for good frying measure.

Then - careful not to burn yourself - take the container to cool outside.

When I took a look at the cannabis after being fried, I went back inside, turned the stove top on again, and fried it for an additional 2 minutes. This is because as you can see in the photographs, the cannabis was not COMPLETELY browned...

... This is of course optional, but the more you fry, the more potent the cannabis oil becomes (until you've fried it all out).

Leave it outside to cool and so the smell wont stink up your house, for about 10 minutes or so.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

And there you have it! Potent, decarboxylated, properly fried cannabis oil that will knock you on your fucking ass, and then some.

You can have anything from mellow mood change(1/2 gram), regular fun trips(1-2.5 grams) or heroic doses(4 or more grams) with heroic highs using this method.

Anyone who told you that you couldn't actually have a psychedelic trip using cannabis, hasn't done this.

No matter what amount you eat, the effects last the entire day. With this method I only dose once a day, and some days I skip because the stone lingers from the day before.

Eat it with a good sized meal, preferably with protien, some fat and a small amount of carbs. It's safe to eat this infused oil with any meal including a high fat meal.

[​IMG]

As you can see, I don't separate the plant material because I eat the oil together with a meal. The plant material contains cannabinoids, you can separate it to use the oil in a recipe, and just eat the plant material separately. This does work for brownies or anything else.

Eat roughly a third to half of your meal, then take tablespoons of edibles as you desire, chase them down with water or a drink, and then finish eating.

Try to make this your 2nd meal of the day, first will work but you don't want first pass metabolism to get any cannabinoids in the oil. If you eat it as your first meal of the day, eat some food 20 minutes before you start taking the oil.

[​IMG]

I dosed on this last night 3 grams, and saved the other 3 grams for tonight. I was so gone, 3 grams is actually a bit too much for me. I still feel the cannabinoids in my system more then 24 hours since dose time.

And this is schwag bud and prices. 3 grams comes out to about 3.50 to 4 dollars. The most prominent period of the high lasts for about 6 - 9 hours or more, depending.

I have done as low as 1/2 or a gram, and they still produce long term (6hr+) relief/benefit.

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/how-to-paleos-potent-decarboxylated-cannabis-oil.699226/

What

Postby What » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:35 pm

jesus christ, it took less time to walk to the dispensary and get some oil than read these Readers Digest version of instructions

my microwave will heat past vaporisation temperatures, this seems very suspect and I wouldnt waste my time or weed

just smoke it

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:30 pm

What wrote:jesus christ, it took less time to walk to the dispensary and get some oil than read these Readers Digest version of instructions

my microwave will heat past vaporisation temperatures, this seems very suspect and I wouldnt waste my time or weed

just smoke it

It wont heat it past vaporization temps if you follow the instructions, they have that covered and then some.

On another note fuck dispensaries, the blind eye turning through to full legalization of weed has got to stop. Keep it illegal and out of government hands IMO

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I gotta look into this. I love my herbs but suspect my lungs are starting to take a beating. Another way to absorb the goodness might be due.

That is a lotta shit to read though, lol and your pictures are all blank, lol

But I don't go to dispensaries either, so we'll see how far I get lol

Still mad What missed my epic appearance at the Kensington herb shop. :D

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:00 pm

You know, when I first started hooting, hotknifing hash was all the rage. Holy fuck did I love a hash buzz.

A little later, it all became bud. No more hash. I had weed connections for days, but no one was cooking that primo bud down to hash anymore. They wouldn't even do it for me. That primo bud gets you too messed up. Fucks with your head.

Here, I can score nice mellow black hash. No one hotknifes anymore, but a pipe toot here and there and I feel great, without getting totally fucking blasted. I love that.

A nice toot once in a while is great. Blasting down a joint of primo bud every day will make you retarded over the long run. The shit is too powerful nowadays. Bong rips are for frat parties.

Hash toots are for distinguished gentlemen.

What

Postby What » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:02 am

I am smoking Morrocan hash from an online dispensary that I found from a post on this forum and its "top hole". Ill smioke hash once in a while, usually at the end of a working day to relax. Sativa in day and indica bud at night...

When I say dispensary I am speaking of illegal dispensaries in Toronto Vutu.... Legalization is coming April 2018 but there are some in this Ontario anal social construct, that really couldnt give a fuck and sell it openly in a store front, all subject to possible arrest and legal charges. The police have made multiple raids on illegal dispensaries here that total in the city number in the hundreds.

Canada has always been a bastion of weed smokers and therefore growers and generally very good weed growers. The current spike in interest and popularity is due to our illustrious Liberal party led by Justin Trudeau and his Pot entourage, led by the ex police chief of Toronto Bill Blair. Bill is JT's daddy cop front, who will enforce and one eye brow society until due legislative process.....it makes cannabis users look the way they want them to, like drug addled idiots who cant think for themselves. All the legal producers are lined up as backbench government (liberal) lobbyists and corporate cronies. Its all disgusting to watch something become legislatively corrupted by corporate greed.......its a fucking plant

No one is waiting for it to be legalized, I havent for the last 20+ years and now there is more product than ever, even Morrocan hash. thank you jesus

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:37 pm

What wrote:I am smoking Morrocan hash from an online dispensary that I found from a post on this forum and its "top hole". Ill smioke hash once in a while, usually at the end of a working day to relax. Sativa in day and indica bud at night...

When I say dispensary I am speaking of illegal dispensaries in Toronto Vutu.... Legalization is coming April 2018 but there are some in this Ontario anal social construct, that really couldnt give a fuck and sell it openly in a store front, all subject to possible arrest and legal charges. The police have made multiple raids on illegal dispensaries here that total in the city number in the hundreds.

Canada has always been a bastion of weed smokers and therefore growers and generally very good weed growers. The current spike in interest and popularity is due to our illustrious Liberal party led by Justin Trudeau and his Pot entourage, led by the ex police chief of Toronto Bill Blair. Bill is JT's daddy cop front, who will enforce and one eye brow society until due legislative process.....it makes cannabis users look the way they want them to, like drug addled idiots who cant think for themselves. All the legal producers are lined up as backbench government (liberal) lobbyists and corporate cronies. Its all disgusting to watch something become legislatively corrupted by corporate greed.......its a fucking plant

No one is waiting for it to be legalized, I havent for the last 20+ years and now there is more product than ever, even Morrocan hash. thank you jesus

Good to hear cause when I read that shit about "makers reserve" I wanted to fly over there and start caving heads in.

Best smoking experience I had was in Fiji, pulled a 20cm head off a plant and tried smoking it but it was too green/wet. One of our farm hands had a great hi-tech idea... press the head between two hot as fuck (sun) river stones. Shit worked, spent the afternoon fucking around at a waterfall eating papaya, bananas, mangos etc to quench my munchies

FUCK ELITIST WEED AND FUCK THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADIA

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:22 pm

My tailor / dealer has to go back to Bangladesh. He hooked me up with someone else. Same phone number.

I hope his mum is OK, but it doesn't sound good. I think he's going back to bury her. He could be gone up to a year I figure.

Rain is a good dude. He's my main man Muslim tailor dope dealer in Hong Kong. I wish him all the best.

The first time I bought from him was with Diet Butcher after witnessing our very first UFC ever live in Hong Kong. I told him if he scored me good shit, I'd go buy a suit. Me and DB snuck off to an alley after he got us some, and I went and got measured right away. Holy fuck was I stoned. I bought a bright yellow suit! I insisted!

Good shit

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:00 pm

aintnobodygottimefodat.gif
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 am

List the bad decisions you guys have made smoking weed?

Im actually not going to stop my kids from partaking, all that ill ask is that they leave regular smoking for until they get into their desired University course. The stoners in highschool never amounted to much but the stoners I was in University with went on fine with their lives. I think maybe the older you start the better, give the brain time to mature first, develop a work ethic etc etc

Return to “Anarchy Zone”