The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Shinkicker

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby Shinkicker » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:So....my son has a friend, female (his gf's bff) who is having her 15th bday party in 2 weeks. We received an invitation in the mail that looked fancier than a recent wedding invitation from a friend. It's to be held at a posh establishment. He needs a tuxedo for the event. And I'm to take him to a "rehearsal" for some kind of something they are going to play out at this party.

I guess I'll play along and rent the fucking tuxedo.

Grrrrr.....

Even if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't go all out like this for a 15th bday. I can't imagine what her sweet 16 bday will be like.

Tell them to get fucked, what kind of asshole parents do that shit?

I spent $4,700 on my daughter's bday two years ago, it was a big deal for her but I made sure the other parents didnt have to pay a cent nor go out of their way. I had to hire two mini vans plus drivers from a place whose drivers were cleared to work with children by the cops (because it was far from our area/school so saved parents driving there) etc plus hire out an entire olympic sized indoor pool center (wasnt even the main cost)

It actually cost more than I spent, my parents kicked in some as part of their gift, Id say $6,000 all up and now I dont even get a hug when dropping her to school the little bastard

Well I feel a lil embarrassed. The girl is Latino and it's her Quinceanera party. The rehearsal is for a traditional dance they do. Even though I don't like her very much I think it's pretty cool that she asked my son to be a part of it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 22, 2018 1:21 pm

So my 14 year old daughter is pissed at me for smoking weed.

She caught me again a few days ago and got really mad, broke down, complained to the wife etc. Wife said I need to have a talk with her but she wont listen, I got the silent treatment for like 3 days. She's back to normal now but I know she still burns inside about it, she's pretty cold with me.

I tried to explain a bit about how life is full of vices and traps and pleasures, and we have to do our best but you can't blame someone too harsh for gathering a few as we go. I explained of all the many vices mine is pretty innocent and it doesn't make me so bad. I also explained the myth of the super-dad image, that parents are just regular people too.

Was interesting, I thought a lot about what I would say and how, but it all fell away and the above ^^ just spilled out. Felt natural, was the truth. Not sure if it was the best words for her but I tend to trust that the truth is always best somehow in the end. What else could I say? is there really any more to it than that?

We need to talk more about it, she goes to highschool next year and will certainly start to see more drugs. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to balance the 2 polarized views that on one hand I really do love the herbs and think they are beneficial for a host of reasons, while on the other hand recognizing that it is (at least for me) a vice and a crutch and a habit that perhaps is not so admirable. In the same polarized way I can imagine my daughter growing up and eventually smoking weed in both a positive and negative light.

Either way not sure how to approach it from here. Got me thinkin all ways about my weed habit.

Kids... :roll:

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri May 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Masato wrote:So my 14 year old daughter is pissed at me for smoking weed.

She caught me again a few days ago and got really mad, broke down, complained to the wife etc. Wife said I need to have a talk with her but she wont listen, I got the silent treatment for like 3 days. She's back to normal now but I know she still burns inside about it, she's pretty cold with me.

I tried to explain a bit about how life is full of vices and traps and pleasures, and we have to do our best but you can't blame someone too harsh for gathering a few as we go. I explained of all the many vices mine is pretty innocent and it doesn't make me so bad. I also explained the myth of the super-dad image, that parents are just regular people too.

Was interesting, I thought a lot about what I would say and how, but it all fell away and the above ^^ just spilled out. Felt natural, was the truth. Not sure if it was the best words for her but I tend to trust that the truth is always best somehow in the end. What else could I say? is there really any more to it than that?

We need to talk more about it, she goes to highschool next year and will certainly start to see more drugs. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to balance the 2 polarized views that on one hand I really do love the herbs and think they are beneficial for a host of reasons, while on the other hand recognizing that it is (at least for me) a vice and a crutch and a habit that perhaps is not so admirable. In the same polarized way I can imagine my daughter growing up and eventually smoking weed in both a positive and negative light.

Either way not sure how to approach it from here. Got me thinkin all ways about my weed habit.

Kids... :roll:

That's a hard one. There is no easy answer.

It's hard when you have society telling you're child one thing and you're trying to say another.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Yeah like when they told shinkicker's kids that all races are equal

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri May 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Yeah like when they told shinkicker's kids that all races are equal

Exactly. How can a child trust you when they can see with their own eyes that it's a lie?

I have never told my kids that anyone or anything is equal. Not in relation to gender, race, financial status, intelligence, etc. If everyone was truly equal, why would they aspire to be better?

Equality depends on the scales used. I just try to teach my kids to do their best in judging fairly.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Daughter's Middle School Grad tonight.

My mother-in-law made her dress, sent it from Brasil. She looks like an angel.

Heart is breaking, lol I may get to dance with her tonight if I don't embarrass her :D

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 am

Masato wrote:Daughter's Middle School Grad tonight.

My mother-in-law made her dress, sent it from Brasil. She looks like an angel.

Heart is breaking, lol I may get to dance with her tonight if I don't embarrass her :D

Leave her alone you old bastard , dont go trying to dance with her in front of her whole grade.

What you need to be doing is securing the exists in case some young punk tries to sneak off with her.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 am

Exists of the graduation function hall

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:56 pm

So my daughter has a boyfriend.

Go easy on me folks, lol

I doubt anything you can say will take this dagger out of my chest

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Masato wrote:So my daughter has a boyfriend.

Go easy on me folks, lol

I doubt anything you can say will take this dagger out of my chest

Is she on the pill?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”