A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
onetrickpony

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby onetrickpony » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:33 am

Daughters second birthday.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:02 pm

^^ awesome brother. Enjoy!! those years are precious. We think they stay little like that forever but its gone before you know it. Cherish every moment, snuggle them as much as you can, mark it in your memory.

My 15 year old daughter has been distant and secretive for a while, was breaking my heart but I took her to do some stuff today and we had a real nice time, we talked and laughed and even shared conspiracy theories, lol. She showed me one where Chuck E Cheese actually had to make a public statement defending itself because people were posting photos accusing them of putting together leftover slices of pizza together and passing them off as fresh ones lolol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:04 pm

look, they don't even fuckin match, lol

I didn't tell her about the other pizza related conspiracy theories :?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:01 pm

Just went skateboarding with my daughter. She has been practising on my longboard while I was in BC, she wanted to show me what she’s learned.

A happy day for ol dad.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:20 pm

My son has only lost one match this year in Wrestling. County competition this weekend. Regional next and then State the next weekend.

Woo hoo!

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:20 pm

I need to learn to make highlight videos.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:10 am

Shinkicker wrote:My son has only lost one match this year in Wrestling. County competition this weekend. Regional next and then State the next weekend.

Woo hoo!

Hey Shinkicker thanks for dropping by good to see ya.

How are you handling all the wrestling from a parent point of view? Do you get very nervous?

My daughter is 15 now and giving us some challenges but I think mrs and I are handling it pretty well. My daughter too she’s doing pretty good. We just saved her from failing math lol was a hard couple o weeks

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:10 am

Shinkicker wrote:I need to learn to make highlight videos.

What music would you pick? :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:54 am

Masato wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:My son has only lost one match this year in Wrestling. County competition this weekend. Regional next and then State the next weekend.

Woo hoo!

How are you handling all the wrestling from a parent point of view? Do you get very nervous?

My daughter is 15 now and giving us some challenges but I think mrs and I are handling it pretty well. My daughter too she’s doing pretty good. We just saved her from failing math lol was a hard couple o weeks

Why aren't you supporting her dream to become an Instagram model?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:30 am

Masato wrote:

Woo hoo!

When he gets up to warm up, I get up. I can't sit still. I go to the bathroom. Then find the best spot to video. I have to video it because sometimes I just can't watch. I'm nauseated until it's over. I'd have to do music because you can sometimes hear me making weird noises during the match. Lol.

And before you think I'm overreacting, some of these kids act like there is a million dollars riding on these matches. Some are dirty fighters, too. Just injuries on my son's team this year: broken thumb, torn muscle in back, concussion, fractured neck, torn ligaments (elbow), and busted ear drum. 2 weeks ago, in the match my son lost, by the time it was over my son had a cut over his eye and a bloody nose.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he doesn't wrestle next year. He is up for Commanding Officer in JROTC next year. I've encouraged him not to wrestle if he gets it. (Conflict in events sometimes). I don't think I'll get my way though.

And good on you, math was my thing in school but I don't understand math the way they teach them to do it today.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”