The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Shinkicker

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 am

Masato wrote:My son figured out how to ride his bike today with no hands, and no helmet

Terrifying lol - I don't know who to be more concerned about :D

As for my daughter I am trying to contemplate what sort of dad a 14 year old girl would WANT to have, what would be the best from their perspective (vs what they may hate).

I even tried to watch a bunch of old John Hughes movies. Didn't help much

The sort of dad she wants may not be the dad she needs.

There are things that I remember about my dad that I love now but hated then. Like he used to flick the porch light on and off as soon as I got home from a date Until I came in the house and not kiss the boy. Lol

A few things I'd recommend from my experience and learning from others close to me...

My step mom was always so serious so I loved that Dad joked around a lot. Try to balance out mom sometimes.

I heard a dad tell his son once "Do not talk to my wife that way." Simple but profound. A daughter will wind up looking for a man who is like her dad. Loving your wife and showing it will go a long way with her.

Do something girly with her. Paint her toe nails or curl her hair, even once will make a great memory. My dad painted one of my toe nails only one time....actually he painted my whole toe on purpose, so I would never ask him again I guess. I was perturbed and he had a good laugh. Even if you offer and she says 'no', she will remember that you were willing.

Make a joke about her period or her shaving her legs, something girly. (Of course at appropriate times)

Point out her moods, maybe give her hormonal pissy mood a nickname, but don't harp and let her feel herself.

Tell her that she isn't allowed to have sex until she is 36 or until you die. Also a joke but lets her know that you think it may be too soon.

These may sound crazy but a girl doesn't want to discuss any of this with dad but somehow it's important that they know that you are aware of them. And you cracking jokes occasionally lets her know that you are paying attention and know what's going on even though you aren't "trying to fix them". She doesn't want your help anyway. Lol

And today it's more important than ever to point out that what's on the inside is more important than the outside.

Now, give me pointers for a mom with two teenage boys. :mrgreen:

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm

never sent a nude
never received a nude

No kids here...My overactive mind would be running wild if I had kids though...so many damn traps and pitfalls in the world today

Props and respect to those who are bringing up the youth in this crazy world we find ourselves in

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:My son figured out how to ride his bike today with no hands, and no helmet

Terrifying lol - I don't know who to be more concerned about :D

As for my daughter I am trying to contemplate what sort of dad a 14 year old girl would WANT to have, what would be the best from their perspective (vs what they may hate).

I even tried to watch a bunch of old John Hughes movies. Didn't help much

The sort of dad she wants may not be the dad she needs.

There are things that I remember about my dad that I love now but hated then. Like he used to flick the porch light on and off as soon as I got home from a date Until I came in the house and not kiss the boy. Lol

A few things I'd recommend from my experience and learning from others close to me...

My step mom was always so serious so I loved that Dad joked around a lot. Try to balance out mom sometimes.

I heard a dad tell his son once "Do not talk to my wife that way." Simple but profound. A daughter will wind up looking for a man who is like her dad. Loving your wife and showing it will go a long way with her.

Do something girly with her. Paint her toe nails or curl her hair, even once will make a great memory. My dad painted one of my toe nails only one time....actually he painted my whole toe on purpose, so I would never ask him again I guess. I was perturbed and he had a good laugh. Even if you offer and she says 'no', she will remember that you were willing.

Make a joke about her period or her shaving her legs, something girly. (Of course at appropriate times)

Point out her moods, maybe give her hormonal pissy mood a nickname, but don't harp and let her feel herself.

Tell her that she isn't allowed to have sex until she is 36 or until you die. Also a joke but lets her know that you think it may be too soon.

These may sound crazy but a girl doesn't want to discuss any of this with dad but somehow it's important that they know that you are aware of them. And you cracking jokes occasionally lets her know that you are paying attention and know what's going on even though you aren't "trying to fix them". She doesn't want your help anyway. Lol

And today it's more important than ever to point out that what's on the inside is more important than the outside.

Now, give me pointers for a mom with two teenage boys. :mrgreen:

Amazing post. Will reply, give me time. Currently travelling

You pose an interesting challenge (advice for a mom w/ teen sons). Not so easy! Been chewing on it will reply soon

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Rambo John J wrote:never sent a nude
never received a nude

Galt will send you nudes I’m sure if you ask nicely

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Masato wrote:
never received a nude

Galt will send you nudes I’m sure if you ask nicely

I like Galt's CIA looking pics

not a fan of the penis and bloody face images

kills my natural buzz

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:01 am

never received a nude

No kids here...My overactive mind would be running wild if I had kids though...so many damn traps and pitfalls in the world today

Props and respect to those who are bringing up the youth in this crazy world we find ourselves in

Well damn. You should have hit me up a week ago. I just deleted all my nudes.

:D

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:07 am

never received a nude

You cam still tell me what you liked most about your mom as a teenage boy.

I think I've done well with my boys up until now. I'm just kind of lost as to how to connect with them now. I feel like I've been reduced to just the cook, maid, bank, and taxi driver. Lol

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:04 am

Shinkicker wrote:
never received a nude

I think I've done well with my boys up until now. I'm just kind of lost as to how to connect with them now. I feel like I've been reduced to just the cook, maid, bank, and taxi driver. Lol

I appreciated that she did all that stuff and was still my friend despite me being a "teenage boy", also appreciated the opportunities and places she showed us and took us.

of course I didn't realize that she was being so cool until later in life.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:22 am

Who is this fag?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 am

Shinkicker wrote:
never received a nude

We love our mothers cause they are our mothers, not much they can do to change that.

Incidentally when I think "mum" I think of the person who cared about me the most, when I think of "Mom" I think of Brazzers

Return to “Anarchy Zone”