Jim Carrey to play Terrence McKenna - will trip balls 4 study

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Re: Jim Carrey to play Terrence McKenna - will trip balls 4 study

Postby Canuckster » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 pm

You don't know who McKenna is? Holy fuck

Go youtube that shit man
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:05 pm

I need time! Fuck!

The information age is awesome, but there's too much going on in the world at any given time. It takes time to ingest information. Fuck!

At the end of the day money don't mean shit kids. It's all about the time. That's one currency that if you lose it, you can never make it back.

Spend it wisely.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Dafuck? You need money to watch terrence McKenna on youtube?

Get on that shit son.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:19 pm

McKenna is great, because aside from perhaps Carlos Casteneda (I'm sure there are more I just don't know em), he's the only english-speaking person to have taken gargantuan amounts of psychedelics and attempted to articulate his experiences with any level of prowess.

He has spent more time in the psychedelic realms than most could ever conceive, and built a career on examining, questioning, and trying to make sense of what he experiences in those realms through books and talks.

As someone who has spent my own share of time in these realms and found it to be life-changingly profound and curious, I can dig his work.

He also makes really interesting comparisons to the un-'experienced mind', and what he thinks modern culture is doing to our psyches and interpretations of realities. Really interesting stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=998&p

Of course, he has also been heavily called out as a CIA shill and wing of the Laurel Canyon hippy infiltration lol:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=246&p

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:00 pm

He sounds pretty trippy and I like his shit about not getting locked into paradigms. I have said that since I found out what a paradigm was, what a stupid fucking filter to look through to see objective reality.

Objective reality is just that. It doesn't need filters.

I think I'm pretty much done with psychedelics, but would still try DMT if the right opportunity and situation arose.

One time on mushrooms, I communed with a tree for several hours. I'll never forget it or be able to fully explain it, but it was fucking awesome, just the perfect situation.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:16 pm

^ Yeah that one is a great selection ('Culture is Your Operating System'), - some really profound ideas.

I was actually just discussing that last night with an elderly friend of mine, I suggested the idea that we can't ever un-program our cultural conditioning completely... he disagreed and said I was putting limits on what is possible and that we CAN snap out of our paradigms with the right approach.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:48 pm

There is no spoon. There are no paradigms.

It's a boatload of bullshit brought to you by the establishment.

Oh, so you believe this little one thing to be correct? Great! That means you accept all this stuff too, even if you don't! Sorry bro, that's just the way it works. Even if you don't agree with it, you have to. Those are the rules.

I do not fucking think so. You believe what you want and I'll do the same. We do not have to agree on everything and even if we do agree on something doesn't mean I have to 'therefore accept the whole package'.

That's what a paradigm is. Bullshit. Holy fuck do I hate paradigms!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Hey, has anyone checked out Bill Nye The Science Guy's new show on Netflix?

I wonder what kind of cool science shit he's going to do?

Bill Nye Saves The World!

Oh

Return to “Anarchy Zone”