Getting my kids ready for the SAS today

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Som-Pong

Re: Getting my kids ready for the SAS today

Postby Som-Pong » Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 am

Most women are like that, or so I've heard.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat May 06, 2017 7:18 am

Som-Pong wrote:Most women are like that, or so I've heard.

Yeah, to fuck a chic you just need to be smarter than them, looks, wealth, status all help but theyll just take you for a ride unless youre smarter than them.

Indirectly destroy their sense of self worth but directly compliment them is something im trying on this one bish atm

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat May 06, 2017 8:11 am

I always get taken for a ride.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Off to the Tournament today...! Wish Lil' Masato luck!

Will post results tonight or tomorrow

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon May 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Good luck to your little man, and remember

No mercy!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon May 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Som-Pong wrote:I always get taken for a ride.

Yeah you poor thing. I hope you finally find a girl that likes you enough to have sex with you one day. It's a truly magical experience.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 am

Hey all

Been busy I'll make this short.

He won 2, then lost the 3rd. The loss took him out of the finals so went home empty handed (winners of each bracket formed a new bracket for Gold/Silver/Bronze.

No more of this 'every kid gets a medal' shit, lol...

Took a knee to the orbital in his last match, but toughed out the clock. That was hard for me man, I can't stand seeing my kids get hurt. Made me cringe at the idea that he might want to come back for more, lol

The rest of his team won 3 Gold and a Bronze, we really do have a top level team of kids its pretty cool.

But I see the matches are getting rougher, skills are getting higher. Like way higher, saw lots of kids out there that are straight up killers. I am starting to realize that if a kid wants to be at a competitive level they have to train like 5-6 days a week at least... We already have the 14- year old World Champion who lives and breathes JJ, and another kid who is gunning for Golds who trains like every day.

My kid loves BJJ but I'm not sure I want that kind of obsession for him though... feels too much, there is more to life for a kid to enjoy and experience. On the other hand if he wants to compete again I can't just throw him to the wolves. He's pretty good, with the same intensity of training he could easily be there, but is that what's best for him? I don't give a shit about him being champion of anything, I just want him to be happy.

Lots to think about. He went back today again and loved it/had a lot of fun.

What's a dad to do?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 09, 2017 12:17 am

PS: I did tell him to sweep the leg but the coach advised against it.

He trusts his coach more than me or Winnson I guess

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue May 09, 2017 1:26 am

Masato wrote:Hey all

He won 2, then lost the 3rd. The loss took him out of the finals so went home empty handed (winners of each bracket formed a new bracket for Gold/Silver/Bronze.

Took a knee to the orbital in his last match, but toughed out the clock. That was hard for me man, I can't stand seeing my kids get hurt. Made me cringe at the idea that he might want to come back for more, lol

The rest of his team won 3 Gold and a Bronze, we really do have a top level team of kids its pretty cool.

But I see the matches are getting rougher, skills are getting higher. Like way higher, saw lots of kids out there that are straight up killers. I am starting to realize that if a kid wants to be at a competitive level they have to train like 5-6 days a week at least... We already have the 14- year old World Champion who lives and breathes JJ, and another kid who is gunning for Golds who trains like every day.

My kid loves BJJ but I'm not sure I want that kind of obsession for him though... feels too much, there is more to life for a kid to enjoy and experience. On the other hand if he wants to compete again I can't just throw him to the wolves. He's pretty good, with the same intensity of training he could easily be there, but is that what's best for him? I don't give a shit about him being champion of anything, I just want him to be happy.

What's a dad to do?

Let him go at his own pace, the 10 year old killers will probably burn out and lose interest.

I was a high level rugby player and sprinter until my early teens, dad pushed me to the point of beating me when the whole team lost a match then I took up boxing at 12, did well and dropped rugby except for playing for my school (IE no weekend games) and lost interest. Simply thinking about the shit my dad put me through for rugby made me hate it later

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue May 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Masato wrote:Hey all

What's a dad to do?

And how did mom take it?

It is very hard to watch your child get hurt. I was raised in the south and it's hard not to go full redneck if someone is fucking with your kid. I would probably embarrass myself at one of these competitions.

I lost a good friend over something similar.

Single dad I've known most of his life, he would go and do things with me and my boys. That kid was 7 and my oldest was 13. His boy is mean as fuck and he rarely disciplines him. We were at the pool. His kid was splashing water in my boy's face while challenging him to fight. My boy was trying to ignore him but the kid was following him. His dad wasn't saying anything. Soooo I told my son, "If he touches you, knock him out."My son: MOM! He's a kid! Me: ok, just choke him out then. His dad started gathering their shit and left. Hasn't called me since. Lol, oh well.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”