Getting my kids ready for the SAS today

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Getting my kids ready for the SAS today

Postby Masato » Tue May 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Hey Vutu/Shinkicker, thanks for the responses

What resonated most was Vutu's bit about the obsessive kids burning out and hating it later. I was thinking the same, those kids are on a rush now but that's a tough pace to keep up. The one Dad I think gets his own rush from seeing his kid and quite obviously the kid wins his favor by training hard and winning golds. That shit can't last, man. Like a CD you listen to obsessively for a time in your life, now you can't stand to hear it cause you over-did it lol

I would like most for him to have jiu-jitsu as a long-term lifestyle... You're totally right, he's got like 40 years left to train and compete. I think I will continue the plan; let him train a couple times a week, and he can choose to compete as he desires. If he wants to go hardcore for a time I'll let him, if he doesn't compete again until he's 21 that's fine too.

As for the wife, she was calmer than me, lol. She wasn't there at the event though, she says she's scared she might go all Shinkicker out there is a boy is hurting him too badly, lol

As for the topic of his training and competing, she has a saying she repeats often about lots of things in life; "Too much of anything is too much".

She did make 1 point that I thought was interesting; I kept telling him that he should just do his very best, and whatever happens happens (win/lose etc). She said that if you're gonna compete, you should go to win. It's OK if you lose, but you should go to win. And if you're not primed to win (haven't been training enough) you should know it/be realistic about where you stand. She said if you go thinking I might win I might lose, then that's what's gonna happen, etc. She might be right. I have never been competitive much at all in my life but can relate to this attitude about other things. She is like this, she sets her target and usually makes it happen.

Thanks for the input, my head was swimming for a few days, but I think it's clear now. Gonna talk to the coach tonight, I have a class myself to do. Will be fun, I missed all last week. I wonder if I'll compete myself one day... I only did once a long time ago, I won 1st place but hated it lol. I'm in the seniors division now ha ha but I think if I go people will harass me because I don't look as old as I am, they won't believe me and boo me for beating up old men :D

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue May 09, 2017 5:28 pm

You come off as progressive.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Tue May 09, 2017 7:05 pm

If he wants to do it, let him do it. If he doesn't, don't push him.

A nudge here and there if you know he wants to do it, but is not in the mood right now.

Let your boy do his thing and have his back, unless he's doing stupid shit. If he's doing stupid shit, smack some sense into him before he gets bigger than you.

Never, ever 'let him win'. That ruins kids.

And definitely talk to his coach about future strats. Do they work on kneebars and heelhooks where he trains? Coach's team could be an overnight success, just like the Cobra Kai!

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 am

You guys are pansies, seeing your daughter get hurt sucks bad but seeing your son take a few knocks is heart warming.

I mean knocks not watching them go through fucking chemotherapy or breaking something

Lil Vutu was trying to be cool by jumping over a guard rail using just one arm for support and almost face planted but luckily he turned his head so bore the brunt of the force through the torso. He fell from well above his own height. Once I confirmed that he didnt hit his face I told him to get up and keep walking

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 am

I agree with the shitskin here. I cringe when I see how my in laws baby their young sons. They are practically raising them to be “sick men of Asia”. Bruce Lee has been rolling in his grave ever since he got there.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Return to “Anarchy Zone”