Tony Hawk TROLOLOLOLOL

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:10 am

Tony Hawk pranks everyone.

HARD
lolol

https://www.facebook.com/topic/10571169 ... urce=whfrt

http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from- ... board.html

http://mashable.com/2014/03/04/huvr-videos/

In what can only be described as an elaborate hoax, Tony Hawk, Back to the Future’s Christopher Lloyd, and a crop of athletes and celebrities introduced the world to a real-life hoverboard. The company, Huvr, claims to have Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban as a backer. In the company’s launch video, Christopher Lloyd delivers a hoverboard to Tony Hawk who says that Marty McFly’s board from the movie is what prompted many young people in the eighties to start skating.

The thing about the video is that everyone in it claims, seriously, that the board is real. The parking lot where the promo was filmed was blocked off with black plastic to prevent onlookers from seeing into the lot. In several shots, actors show obvious signs—shirts bulging and rising—of being lifted by wires. Most of the shots are of peoples’ lower bodies. And one particular shot, at 3:31, shows a rider who’s more pasted on than the original Marty McFly.

The video raises several questions: Why are these people doing this hoax now? And will there be a price to pay for tricking people into clicking on their fake ad? And now that they’ve got our attention, what do they hope to gain by it? If only we had a time machine, we could find out.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:15 am

I am very on the fence about the idea of pranks.

It can be VERY creative, lots of fun, and is a cool challenge and an excellent marketing tool. However there is a very fine line I think can be crossed.

I love articles like those in the 'Onion', for example... but despise disinfo on the internet.

I have written a bunch of comedic MMA hoaxes under the Masato Toys name, but always make sure to make it clear by the end that its all fake. Also, I think pranks on specific individuals can be very mean, depending on the joke. Filming their reactions and putting it up for the world to see I don't think is nice at all.

On the other hand, if it is a harmless joke and everyone can have a good laugh they can be priceless.

I have often thought of online hoaxes as a means of political activism, but again not sure of the potential dangers of having negative effects.

...that being said, I LOVE this hover-board hoax and give big props to Tony Hawk and everyone else involved. Would love to work on a project like this someday

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 pm

- I can say that every kid dreamed about the Back to the future skate.
I can say that we all forget to take in consideration how dangerous would be.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:50 am

I still liked the scene where he ripped apart that kid's scooter to make a skateboard in 1955. Did some stunts and gave it back to the kid

there is something weird about board sports imo... triggers something different in us from symmetrical activities

Return to “Anarchy Zone”