listen, can you hear it, its getting closer

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: listen, can you hear it, its getting closer

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't mean retro as in playing old games, I mean like make new stuff but think outside the box, start making weird shit that is cool and fun for completely different reasons than we've been sold so far.

Don't be fooled by the sparkly new FX, go for the new ideas and original concepts, a shift towards more indy-based creative industry.

Big Hollywood corps not welcome, lol leave your propaganda trash

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Actually, what I mean is the retro community is coming out with lots of new, old school, 8 and 16 bit style games. In addition to the old games getting lots of attention. Even this game has an old school look and feel, outside of the psychedelia.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Also, the creator named this game polybius. The name of which has quite an urban legend attached to it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_(video_game)

An entry for the title was added to arcade game resource coinop.org on August 3, 1998.[1] The entry mentions the name Polybius and a copyright date of 1981,[2] although no such copyright has ever been registered.[3] The author of the entry claims in the description to be in possession of a ROM image of the game, and to have extracted fragments of text from it, including "1981 Sinneslöschen".[2] The remainder of the information about the game is listed as "unknown",[1] and its "About the game" section describes the "bizarre rumours" that make up the legend.[2]

The story tells of an unheard-of new arcade game appearing in several suburbs of Portland, Oregon in 1981, something of a rarity at the time. The game is described as proving popular to the point of addiction,[1] with lines forming around the machines often resulting in fighting over who would play next. The urban legend describes how the machines were visited by men in black, who collected unknown data from the machines,[1] allegedly testing responses to the game's psychoactive effects. Players supposedly suffered from a series of unpleasant side effects, including amnesia, insomnia, night terrors and hallucinations.[4]

Approximately one month after its supposed release in 1981, Polybius is said to have disappeared without a trace.[5] Ben Silverman of Yahoo! Games remarked: "Unfortunately, there is no evidence that the game ever existed, no less turned its users into babbling lunatics... Still, Polybius has enjoyed cult-like status as a throwback to a more technologically paranoid era."[4]

The company named in most accounts of the game is Sinneslöschen.[1] The word is described by writer Brian Dunning as "not-quite-idiomatic German" meaning "sense delete" or "sensory deprivation". These meanings are derived from Sinne, "senses" and löschen, "to extinguish" or "to delete".[1]

Polybius received some mass-market attention in the September 2003 issue of GamePro magazine, as part of a feature story on video games called "Secrets and Lies".[6] The article declared the existence of the game to be "inconclusive".[7] Snopes.com claims to have debunked the existence of the game as a modern-day version of 1980s rumors of "men in black" visiting arcades and taking down the names of high scorers at arcade games. This led to the hypothesis that the government was hosting some sort of experiment and sending subliminal messages to the players.[8]
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:17 pm

- I don't mean retro-gaming. I mean some news video-games consoles, with new indy enterprises. Wee see so mani flash-games, would be cool a new console to play them.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:19 pm

- Edited because my childish behavior would derail this thread.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm

- Kwonkicker retro game channel.

https://www.youtube.com/oldgamesaredie

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:12 pm

- So. Wheres the console?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Probably vaporware at this point. :(

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Canuckster wrote:Probably vaporware at this point. :(

Return to “Anarchy Zone”