listen, can you hear it, its getting closer

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

listen, can you hear it, its getting closer

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:50 am

https://www.ataribox.com/

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:27 pm

- Hope it's a new console.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:52 am

Hope its better than the PolyStation:

or the Nintendo PolyStation, lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:53 am

I heard good things about the PCP Station though...

games are supposed to be real trippy :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 am

Or the WiWi, or the GameChild

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:15 am

Masato wrote:Or the WiWi, or the GameChild

lol, these are great, i am kind of an atari nerd though,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:59 pm

- It's time to play the game!

Sad thing is if it's a new console, will cost a small fortune here in Brasil. :(

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 pm

- I like the design of those consoles that Masato posted, would be cool if we had more variation on todays consoles, whem i was a kid they had several type of consoles on the business. With today tech i don't see why they don't put more out.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:23 pm

When the technology was still new, I would guess there was more room for competitors.

These days, the massive corporate giants like Sony etc are able to put out such a high product that no one else can compete.

Its the same in the movie industry, the big Hollywood monsters are able to put out such high-gloss films like Star Wars and Avengers etc, so any other level of production will looks quite shitty. We are conditioned to go for the shiniest thing

I think its the same in the music industry. Somehow, against my better wishes, my kids are aware of a fair amount of pop music, they like the radio stations that play the same 10 songs for like a month because they are the big new 'hit' with the multi-million dollar marketing budget behind it. As a result, all this music has a certain perfectly-produced glossy shiny sound to it that I guess they love. What sucks is that anything that sounds more raw or analog or whatever you call it sounds old and dirty to them, they don't have the ear for it (my fault for not playing more music in the house)

Anyways what I'm saying is that video games, film, music etc COULD be really cool if we don't buy into the standard that in order for something to be good, it has to be top-of-the-line/top production budget.

I would like to see a trend where the masses start to get bored with the billion-dollar budgets, and are no longer dazzled by FX and shiny stuff. Hopefully people will start to appreciate content over glitter, and maybe some really unique game consoles of a totally different kind will pop up, original indy films can start getting their share of screen time again, and that over-produced sound in the music world will start to feel cheesy and dishonest.

Lets start a neo-retro revolution :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Masato wrote:I would like to see a trend where the masses start to get bored with the billion-dollar budgets, and are no longer dazzled by FX and shiny stuff. Hopefully people will start to appreciate content over glitter, and maybe some really unique game consoles of a totally different kind will pop up, original indy films can start getting their share of screen time again, and that over-produced sound in the music world will start to feel cheesy and dishonest.

Lets start a neo-retro revolution :D

It's already happening, retro gaming is huge right now

Return to “Anarchy Zone”