Canada 150

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Diet Butcher

Canada 150

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:11 pm

So a bunch of my friends are pretty excited about Canada 150. But there's a few Debbie Downers who says it's celebrating genocide (of natives) blah blah blah... and that they will be celebrating Indigenous Heritage Month instead. I see there are protests in Ottawa and shit right now.

So learn me this. Are natives really pissed off about Canada Day or is it just SJWs telling them that they should be pissed off? Whats the real story here? How does celebrating independence from the Brits equate to genocide of the Injuns?

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:15 pm

It's the oppression Olympics bro. If you aren't whining and bitching about something, you're doing it wrong.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:45 pm

It's time to kick the outlanders back to where they came from.
el rey del mambo

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:So a bunch of my friends are pretty excited about Canada 150. But there's a few Debbie Downers who says it's celebrating genocide (of natives) blah blah blah... and that they will be celebrating Indigenous Heritage Month instead. I see there are protests in Ottawa and shit right now.

So learn me this. Are natives really pissed off about Canada Day or is it just SJWs telling them that they should be pissed off? Whats the real story here? How does celebrating independence from the Brits equate to genocide of the Injuns?

I doubt they're genuinely pissed. But I'm sure their vaginas are still pretty sandy about it
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:12 pm

How are the SJW's connecting independence to genocide? whats the reasoning?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:39 pm

LOL I never know exactly what I'm supposed to be celebrating on Canada Day

I'm happy to live in a relatively peaceful and prosperous part of the world, and I have grown to love the landscape etc, and yes I like Canadian things, but when it gets mixed up with celebrating Canada as some government or political entity, or some sort of Nationalism as competitively compared to other countries I start to feel weird. 'Patriotic' always seems so political, war-like. I remember last year there was some specific shit going on in Ottawa that was just so gross that it was hard to muster any celebratory feelings about the country on a political level

To be honest I rarely know any Canadian holidays, most of them don't make sense like labour Day or Victoria Day, neither of which I know the dates. But one of my best friends here takes it very seriously and loves Canada, does special annual things in reverence etc.

I suppose it means different things to different people. I would suggest to take some time out to reflect on whatever it means to you. Its the group-think that puts me off

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:45 pm

PS: I get the genocide thing... to be honest I just found out through you guys now that its supposed to specifically celebrate Independence.

I always thought it was more vague than that, like the whole history of the country, post-european invasion. When considering what exactly this society is, and looking at the roots of the power-structure etc its hard to just brush aside the native genocide. Its kind of gross, actually, lol

But that shit ain't my fault. I was born in the 70's this is my environment now and its OK with me. In fact its pretty sweet.

OK, I'll celebrate Canada Day :D

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:02 pm

July 1 is actually Hong Kong "Handover" day too. ie. when HK reverted back to Chinese rule. But i ain't celebrating that.

Happy Canada Day!!!!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:06 am

I celebrated both.

Canada's 150 and HKSAR's 20. Happy birthday!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Here are some of my favorite places in Canada:

Rebecca Spit on Quadra Island.
Very close to my birthplace, a magical place for me:

Chinese Mountain, on Quadra Island.
When I say magical place I mean literally, lol:

Powder King Ski Mountain.
I spend my teen years snowboarding here, a little private powder paradise in the middle of nowhere:

Fang Mountain, BC.
I used to hike up here with friends and camp at the little lake at the top. There are entrances on the way up to a massive cave system, I went in one day with an expert cave-mapper we went way in, lol.

Tofino, BC
Pacific Coast of Canada. I've surfed here, surreal

Return to “Anarchy Zone”