Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Temple of the Moon

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Temple of the Moon

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:45 am

By Laura Geggel, Senior Writer | July 6, 2017

The Temple of the Moon may have a tunnel underneath it.
Credit: Melitón Tapia/INAH

A secret passageway discovered near the Pyramid of the Moon in the ancient city of Teotihuacan may have been a way for the people there to emulate the underworld, archaeologists said.

Scans of what appears to be a hidden underground tunnel show that the cavity extends from the center of the Plaza of the Moon to the Pyramid of the Moon, reported archaeologists from Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) and the National Autonomous University of Mexico.

The finding confirms that the ancient people of Teotihuacan dug tunnels under their monuments, possibly to emulate the underworld — a place where life, plants and food were thought to be created, said archaeologist Verónica Ortega, director of the Integral Conservation Project of the Plaza de la Luna.

The Pyramid of the Moon was built in seven different stages, from 100 B.C. to A.D. 450, the researchers said. It began as a small platform and eventually grew into a 150-foot-tall (46 meters) pyramid that held tombs filled with human and animal sacrifices, Live Science previously reported.

Researchers found the tunnel in early June by using an electrical tomography scan, the INAH reported. To implement the scan, the researchers injected electric current into the subsoil and measured the resistance of the different materials found there. Then, they used the resulting data to create preliminary 2D and 3D models.

Researchers placed electrodes in the ground by the ancient temple so they could map the electrical current throughout the soil.

These models indicated that the straight tunnel is about 30 feet (10 m) below ground, the researchers said.

The tunnel likely served as a place for rituals — possibly to carry out ceremonies for the different agricultural cycles — and will help experts understand more about the culture's symbolic discourse, the researchers said.

Treasure hunt

The newfound tunnel isn't the only one in Teotihuacan: The Pyramid of the Sun and the Temple of the Feathered Serpent also have underground conduits, the researchers said. It's possible that the region's ancient leaders used the symbolism surrounding these tunnels as a way to unite the more than 100,000 local and foreign people who lived there, Ortega said.

Researchers said they hope to explore the newfound tunnel soon and determine when it was built.

When the tunnel under the Pyramid of the Sun was discovered in the 1970s, archaeologists were disappointed to learn that it had been looted, likely by the Mexica (the indigenous people in the Valley of Mexico) in the early 16th century, the researchers said. It's possible that the newfound tunnel could provide information about the Teotihuacan people that was taken from the cavity under the Pyramid of the sun, the researchers said.

Furthermore, the study of the newfound tunnel could reveal whether there are more tunnels around the pyramid, as archaeologists detected some alterations in the subsoil last year, particularly in large pits and channels that were likely used for rituals.

"These elements indicate that before the construction of the pyramid, there was a sacralization [performing sacred rites throughout it] of the space, since green megalithic stones have been found in front of the building," Ortega said. " [These stones] were very valuable for Teotihuacan… although at the moment it is unknown if they have any relation with the possible tunnel."

A side view of the majestic temple. Future research will show whether there is a tunnel, and whether it contains artifacts.

Source https://www.livescience.com/59708-temple-of-the-moon-tunnel.html
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:34 pm

"The tunnel likely served as a place for rituals — possibly to carry out ceremonies for the different agricultural cycles — and will help experts understand more about the culture's symbolic discourse, the researchers said."

Why does it always seem like the go-to explanation for any ancient site is that it was for some crazy superstitious belief practice?

Is it so impossible that anything was built with a functional/engineering purpose?

I'm no expert it just seems tired, always explaining shit off so easily. I think these peoples deserve more respect

Its not a 'tunnel' unless it connects to something!

Cool story Edge, hope we can get a follow up when they do the tests

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Masato wrote:"The tunnel likely served as a place for rituals — possibly to carry out ceremonies for the different agricultural cycles — and will help experts understand more about the culture's symbolic discourse, the researchers said."

Why does it always seem like the go-to explanation for any ancient site is that it was for some crazy superstitious belief practice?

Is it so impossible that anything was built with a functional/engineering purpose?

I'm no expert it just seems tired, always explaining shit off so easily. I think these peoples deserve more respect

Its not a 'tunnel' unless it connects to something!

Cool story Edge, hope we can get a follow up when they do the tests

- Actually you're right. They see every diner table as a altar to sacrifice!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Yeah all we ever hear of ancient cultures is that they were a bunch of superstitious idiots. ALWAYS. They just dismiss them, as if there is this underlying assumption that it was a good thing they were eradicated so we could live here now

This idea really interests me, the notion that perhaps some great coverup of history has been played, the truth deliberately hidden, and a crafted cover story deliberately implanted. As with many things, the 'official story' of things just has too many holes and anomalies, too much is dismissed that seems right before our eyes and in our hearts.

This is a topic I have always been hoping would be popular here, I really like learning about and discussing alternative history and speculating on what might have been covered up and why.

For instance I just saw this today, someone ridiculing a supposed claim that 'Egyptians didn't travel by boat' or something. Is that true, according to school-book History? That Egyptians didn't sail?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:22 am

Masato wrote:Yeah all we ever hear of ancient cultures is that they were a bunch of superstitious idiots. ALWAYS. They just dismiss them, as if there is this underlying assumption that it was a good thing they were eradicated so we could live here now

This idea really interests me, the notion that perhaps some great coverup of history has been played, the truth deliberately hidden, and a crafted cover story deliberately implanted. As with many things, the 'official story' of things just has too many holes and anomalies, too much is dismissed that seems right before our eyes and in our hearts.

This is a topic I have always been hoping would be popular here, I really like learning about and discussing alternative history and speculating on what might have been covered up and why.

For instance I just saw this today, someone ridiculing a supposed claim that 'Egyptians didn't travel by boat' or something. Is that true, according to school-book History? That Egyptians didn't sail?

- The history we leran at school is very diferent to what actually happened, it's just a interpretation of how something happened. Several times it's a marketing ploy and a way to manipulate our way of thinking.

The Ancient Egyptians had knowledge to some extent of sail construction. Several ancient civilization had that knowledge, we just don't heard of them because some people had insterest of sweept under the hug.

The slow flowing Nile was almost ideal for transportation though occasional storms might endanger shipping or lack of wind hold it up. From earliest times Egyptians built boats for transportation, fishing and enjoyment.[14] Their importance in every day life is reflected in the role they played in mythology and religion.

Little is left of actual boats. Remains of Old Kingdom boats were found at Tarkhan and Abydos, and King Khufu's ship is well known and demonstrates best how ships were built during that period.
The first dynasty boats found at Abydos were about 25 metres long, two to three metres wide and about sixty centimetres deep, seating 30 rowers. They had narrowing sterns and prows and there is evidence that they were painted. They do not seem to have been models but actual boats built of wood too much decayed to analyse, some suspect that it was cedar, others deny this. Thick planks were lashed together by rope fed through mortises. The seams between them were caulked with reeds. The boats did not have any internal framing and were twisted when they were uncovered.

Egypt abounds with pictures and models of boats and ships. The walls of temples and tombs at Deir el Bahri and Medinet Habu are covered with them, but very little is known, about how New Kingdom ships were actually put together.

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/navigation.htm

But question this is health, if the person goes and study in deep about it.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:50 am

Masato wrote:Yeah all we ever hear of ancient cultures is that they were a bunch of superstitious idiots. ALWAYS. They just dismiss them, as if there is this underlying assumption that it was a good thing they were eradicated so we could live here now

I wasn't aware of this claim, I have seen many depictions of Egyptians in ships, plus they had the Nile river right there, seems odd that they'd be land based.

What I find interesting about those pictures is that the design is very similar to the reed boats that the Egyptians used and how the boats look very much like boats that the Incas made.

It shouldn't really surprise me though, considering that the two cultures, despite being so far apart in both time frames and location, could share so many similarities.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes, that boats thing was a terrible reference, lol

The subject goes much deeper than that. I read Von Daniken's 'Chariots of the Gods' in like grade 8 and it blew my mind. Since then I've been a casual fan of Graham Hancock's ideas, and any stuff about Atlantis and pre-civilization. The Indian Yugas talk of great cycles of humanity, rise and fall of consciousness and civilization... Many texts including the Bible have similar stories of a Great Flood that wiped out civilization... Stories that the descendants of this Lost Civilization became the leaders scattered around the world and took some of their knowledge with them to give them power, etc etc - Many ancient sites around the world contradict the 'official' timeline, we see many similar building technologies and styles, pyramids all over (there are supposed to be un-accessible pyramids in China!) And of course we have the Pyramids and the Sphinx, wonders in their own right.

It just seems weird the way that textbooks and picture books and generic history just kind of glosses all over these things in a manner like its really all solved, no more questions needed etc.

I also enjoy theories that follow the Mystery Religions and gnostic ideas of the secret societies back to Egypt, and how the 12 Tribes all came out of there via the Exodus, etc. It seems there is a big story here but the Carnegie Libraries and Rockefeller Schools don't want to look at it. Why? I have heard it can get downright nasty if any serious scholars stray outside the narrative, Hancock talks about this lots

If there is a coverup, - why? This all ties together with my impression that there is some grand lie being played on us even today. Our history and how the fuck we all got here I suspect is a big part of that lie, if there is such a reality

I also think about collective consciousness... like similar remnants from different parts of the world may not be evidence of actual physical contact or trans-ocean travel, but rather that humanity got certain ideas collectively in different places. Like we all share a bit of the dreamworld where ideas can circumvent the earth

These are real mysteries! And we are in their threads. Very exciting stuff imo

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Masato wrote:Yes, that boats thing was a terrible reference, lol

The subject goes much deeper than that. I read Von Daniken's 'Chariots of the Gods' in like grade 8 and it blew my mind. Since then I've been a casual fan of Graham Hancock's ideas, and any stuff about Atlantis and pre-civilization. The Indian Yugas talk of great cycles of humanity, rise and fall of consciousness and civilization... Many texts including the Bible have similar stories of a Great Flood that wiped out civilization... Stories that the descendants of this Lost Civilization became the leaders scattered around the world and took some of their knowledge with them to give them power, etc etc - Many ancient sites around the world contradict the 'official' timeline, we see many similar building technologies and styles, pyramids all over (there are supposed to be un-accessible pyramids in China!) And of course we have the Pyramids and the Sphinx, wonders in their own right.

It just seems weird the way that textbooks and picture books and generic history just kind of glosses all over these things in a manner like its really all solved, no more questions needed etc.

I also enjoy theories that follow the Mystery Religions and gnostic ideas of the secret societies back to Egypt, and how the 12 Tribes all came out of there via the Exodus, etc. It seems there is a big story here but the Carnegie Libraries and Rockefeller Schools don't want to look at it. Why? I have heard it can get downright nasty if any serious scholars stray outside the narrative, Hancock talks about this lots

If there is a coverup, - why? This all ties together with my impression that there is some grand lie being played on us even today. Our history and how the fuck we all got here I suspect is a big part of that lie, if there is such a reality

I also think about collective consciousness... like similar remnants from different parts of the world may not be evidence of actual physical contact or trans-ocean travel, but rather that humanity got certain ideas collectively in different places. Like we all share a bit of the dreamworld where ideas can circumvent the earth

These are real mysteries! And we are in their threads. Very exciting stuff imo

- i don't think that's a big cover-up, it's just that regular school just goes superficial with those type of thing's, the average person probably never comes back to search about it. So is better to do history book's with ending. Of course that's insterest to point people as heroes and villains, they cound't be just regular people to catch people interest's.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Redneck wrote:

I wasn't aware of this claim, I have seen many depictions of Egyptians in ships, plus they had the Nile river right there, seems odd that they'd be land based.

What I find interesting about those pictures is that the design is very similar to the reed boats that the Egyptians used and how the boats look very much like boats that the Incas made.

It shouldn't really surprise me though, considering that the two cultures, despite being so far apart in both time frames and location, could share so many similarities.

- That's is very interesting! THey found remainings of nomade people in north america and i think mayans on pascoa insland. Sinbad the sailor adventures where more real than we thought?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 pm

You see the dots on that map? (Peru/Egypt)

I have seen it demonstrated that if you line up other sites where large stone blocks were cut precisely and fitted together in the same forms, they form a straight line.

You start at Easter Island, go through Peru, Egypt, the supposed pyramids in China and a couple other places and they all made a straight line around the globe. It was in some semi-quality production discussing these very ideas, then to cap off their argument they showed this 3D rendering of the line going around the earth and all lining up.

Coincidence?

PS: Hey, I found it... chew on this:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”