Went Braziliating for 16 days

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Went Braziliating for 16 days

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Hey all, made it back safe and sound, thanks be to whatever makes our paths go the way they go

Was a great adventure, a surreal experience that was off to an epic start right from the beginning:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4940

:D

Here are some pics:

1st stop was some visiting... I'll spare you the many family shots but here was the gang. This is like 1/10th of my wife's family. 1/1000th if you really wanna map it out, lol:

Next we went to a house that has been in my wife's family for over 200 years. Its in this little obscure town called Sao Goncalo do Sapucai, in the farms and hills of the interior. Country music and everything, lol. The house is amazing, my wife's dad was born literally in the house, and his parents etc. Sadly no one lives there now, and is empty most of the time for the first time ever and is starting to look old.... We had the whole place to ourselves, a magical place full of history and constant life and generations of family. Kids love it here, everyone does really:

This is the bed Mrs Masato and I slept in for 3 nights there:

The kitchen. My wife's Dad tells me stories of all the great food that was always cooking in here when he was growing up:

Views from some of the rooms:

There is a statue in the main square of my wife's great-great-great grandfather (or how ever many 'greats' I don't know). Apparently the town is full of her kin, she has more cousins and second-cousins than she can count:

More pics from inside the house:

I don;t think anyone actually opens these, they look the same every time I visit lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 pm

So right across the street from the veranda you can see a huge GRACIE BARRA JIU JITSU ad painted on the wall:

My father-in-law knows practically the whole town intimately his whole life, and swore to me there was no such thing in the town and the he never noticed that ad before, that it must be some old outdated thing.

But I followed up and discovered in this tiny country town there were actually 3 CLUBS, each boasting a black belt (1 BJJ, 1 Judo). Lucky for me they were having some promotional event where all 3 were getting together to share and meet and train together, so I got to train with all 3 for an afternoon in so No-Gi stuff:

You can see my shirt is drenched, was a hard workout.
I learned that my takedown game sucks ass, lol:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Next day we go to some other relative in the area who has a coffee and milk farm to take the kids horseback riding. All inside family opportunities, they welcomed us and took us around happily for nothing. Farm folk are good honest people from what I have seen, really quite an honor to be among them

my daughter:

some coffee farms in the back (there were more, but taking pictures was awkward on a horse, lol:

learned about milk production, was interesting. They take pride in it, they say the best cows and semen for invitro stuff come from canada!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Pic of Lil' Masato back at the old house;

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:17 pm

some fishing spot we went to back in near the city. A cool park where you could rent fishing gear, and also have some drinks and food, live brasilian music etc. They come out to you while you fish with a menu and bring you the stuff! so crazy

We caught absolutely nothing, lol:

this little band was really great:

Lil' Masato feeding some wild monkeys there;

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Back in the city there was another BJJ club where my son had previously trained a few years earlier. For that trip they went without me, I had to work so I was excited to bring him and see the place for myself. We did a class together (he was welcomed to train with the adults) and it was great. Solid club, we trained for almost 2.5 hours

Here is Lil' Masato choking a pretty girl in her 20's:

After rolling with the teacher, a Black/Red Belt:

The teacher actually put some filters on the class shot and posted it on his FB page, looks great :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm

OK gotta go do some thangz

I'll post more later

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Then we packed up and headed for the coast/beach

I got to drive a lot, we rented an extra car to fit everyone... I followed behind my father-in-law all through the countryside and back roads, and then the crazy roads down to the beach down the atlantic forests/jungle mountains. Loved it

Here is a place we stopped for lunch, typical roadside self-serve stop:

My wife knows parts of the coastline of Sao Paulo state quite well and knew some sweet local areas to rent a house for a while. She picked the right spots, man this is a cool area, just loads of local beaches and islands and waterfalls to explore, away from the popular/accessible areas.

This was the beach house we rented for 5 days:

There was a little trail through the jungle and in less than 2-3 minutes you are on the beach:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:42 pm

PARAISO:

At the far end of the beach there was a fresh water lagoon with fresh river water coming down from the mountains. The fresh water met the ocean and spilled out over the beach.

fresh water and jungle:

panoramic shot of the fresh water meeting the ocean and beach. Fantastic place:

The walk back:

Closer to the trail to the house we rented were some kiosks for drink and food. The best one was owned by a German guy who bought it for tha simple lyfe on the beach. He made the best Caipirinha I ever had:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:45 pm

You could walk over some rocks and there were more little beaches to find:

my daughter;

a rare shot of Mrs Masato:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”