I Need Help!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Shinkicker

Re: I Need Help!

Postby Shinkicker » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Winnson wrote:Everybody dies some day babe. You can't worry about it too much.

Ok fine. Moving on. :D

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Let me see if I have this dialed up right. Norm MacDonald on dreams, on his very first appearance on David Letterman.
If I don't get the timestamp right, the dream bit starts at 6:40. I strongly suggest watching the full 3 and a half hour video too. Norm knew things.

OK test:

HEATH VON DOOM

Postby HEATH VON DOOM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Damn baby you dreaming about me now?

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:18 am

HEATH VON DOOM wrote:Damn baby you dreaming about me now?

Yes. But it wasn't this kind of dream.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:32 am

HVD's new custom avatar (pre-dream) has a head wound on the RIGHT side, not the left

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 am

Lol
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Have you ever read any Carl Jung books? He deals mostly in dream analysis i believe. I have read his last book he wrote, Man and his symbols, and am rereading it lately. He talks about dreams being messages from our unconscious mind telling us how to return to a whole self. Each person, place, action, feeling etc in our dream is a part of us with some message. There is more to it than that as ive barely scratched the surface of this stuff but i highly recommend reading that book. It was written for the layman to understand. Here is a link to a pdf version:
https://monoskop.org/images/9/97/Von_Fr ... s_1988.pdf

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:18 pm

One method my counsellor told me of is adding "of myself" after every part of the dream. Like if one dreamt of walking down a forest path with an old lady youd say. I was walking in the forest of myself with the old lady of myself and so on. Then i finger blasted the old lady of myself... Oh wait..... You get the picture

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:09 pm

I am interested in this old lady finger blasting you speak of, tell me more
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 pm

greenseed wrote:One method my counsellor told me of is adding "of myself" after every part of the dream. Like if one dreamt of walking down a forest path with an old lady youd say. I was walking in the forest of myself with the old lady of myself and so on. Then i finger blasted the old lady of myself... Oh wait..... You get the picture

LOL

This is very cool actually. Jung always impresses me, his ideas always ring as true. Especially as an amateur writer, I've always been interested in ideas of Myth and archetypes. Jung and Joseph Campbell believed there are certain story archetypes that echo our deeper memories and this why stories that are crafted in this way are often more powerful on us

I like Jung a lot better than Freud for example, who I hear suggested that our dreams are all metaphors for our secret desire to fuk our momz or something, lol.

Do you ever think dreams are just the ramblings of our mind sometimes? Running though the day, not quite able to rest from all the busy thinking we do all day?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”