A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Megaterio Llamas

Re: Just got back from Fiji

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:20 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:

Did you take pictures?

Yeah but only of my kids swimming, kayaking, fishing feeding etc I cant post them here obviously.

They have developed the shit out of Fiji, its lost a fuckton of its beauty IMO

Shit like turning previously world class coastal swimming rivers into lame artifical beaches (make sense?) for low budget resorts.

Well I have no choice but to accept that.

Lol

It's happening everywhere, sadly. Of course the world's human population is in desperate need of a good culling but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.
el rey del mambo

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:33 am

That's dark.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:33 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:

Did you take pictures?

Yeah but only of my kids swimming, kayaking, fishing feeding etc I cant post them here obviously.

Shit like turning previously world class coastal swimming rivers into lame artifical beaches (make sense?) for low budget resorts.

Lol

Ill PM you some pics, just dont want to post my kids pics in the open forum.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:46 am

Fair enough. :)

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:49 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Lol

It's happening everywhere, sadly. Of course the world's human population is in desperate need of a good culling but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

TLDR - Yes it is.

FRAT warning

Yep and they ALL foreign developers. One place we used to swim at the rainforrest literally met the sea as in it went rain forrest, tidal lagoon,say 20 feet of grass and shrub then at low tide a thin strip of sand then the sea. Amazing place..

Now the reclaimed the lagoon filling it in with who knows what, chopped down say a hectre of rainforrest and built these fucking "eco lodges"

Trucked in sand and made a bigger beach which washes away each king tide. They quarry the sand from inland and it has some compound in it which I think includes nitrate so of course they killed all the coral which they now bring in from coral farms in SE Asia lol

Oh they are leasing the land from the local Turaga Ni Koro (Chief of the Village), I spoke with some of the boys from the village and they said that the contract said nothing about retaining fishing rights or not (contract remained silent) but now they are barred from fishing there which was one of their income streams so now half of them are forced to work for the eco lodge for $3.50FJD an hour.

I took my kids up to reception and gave them a blasting asking how the fuck this is considered an "eco lodge" and how fucked up it was to stop the villagers fishing. Then they pointed out that they were the villagers haha

Would seeing villagers spear fishing along a reef as theyve done for thousands of years really bother anyone? who would serriously give a fuck? I recon its a ploy to get cheap labour with no staff transportation issues from the local village.

Better get EY onto my CT.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:20 am

Of course they have to end the native way of life and destroy habitat, the natives can work for a few bucks a day and eat spam. This happens so often that songs have been written about it.

The natives should figure out a way to poison the next batch of eco tourists. A few dead tourists might just have a restorative effect on traditional lifeways in the village.

I'm afraid I won't be able to pass this along to EY though. It seems like he's had me on ignore for the past while now. I only return there occasionally to check in with BA Dass, he's really the only guy left there that I know. EY mainly just talks to two or three alts of his about shit I'm not interested in, mostly Asian in nature. Some Hollywood pedo stuff. I'm out of the loop.
el rey del mambo

HEATH VON DOOM

Postby HEATH VON DOOM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 pm

I still dont like you, but how was Fiji? Probably top 3 places I want to see.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 am

HEATH VON DOOM wrote:I still dont like you, but how was Fiji? Probably top 3 places I want to see.

Well we were there for my mother's funeral so it was low key.

IDK what you want to know but weather is good if you dont mind the humidity.

Its expensive, its nothing like SE Asia. A bottle of Bacardi (700ml) set me back $160FJD so $100 aussie dollars

Spent the last 3 nights in a 3 star decent hotel in a shit location, just me and the kids and the bill came to $500.

This is on the main Island, youll probably be staying out at an outter island (thats where the nice beaches are, main island has shit beaches) where the prices are much higher.

They used to have a two tier locals vs tourist price system, they found that this was discrimintory so now they just charge the locals the tourist prices.

You will make genuine life long friends there unlike say Thailand where it seems like everyone is out to get your money, you exchange emails with locals in Thailand and you hardly ever hear from them. I came back to about 20.

Food and produce are great.

If you have kids the place is SUPER safe for them, I let mine swim in the pool alone while I did stuff back in the room. No fucking way im doing that in Australia.

My tips would be to book well in advance, buy your alcohol duty free (on the plane is cheapest) and take it with you to the outter islands, if you spend a few days on the main island (viti Levu) try a farm or village stay. Dont spend much time in the cities. They are grimmy and boring.

Dont talk politics with the locals, they dont give a fuck/not interested and will change the subject asap. Just not the done thing.

Eat at local places, food is cheaper and actually better.

If youre white learn to stand and sit in the fucking shade. You people look like youre melting standing in the tropical sun while us shitskins automatically gather under trees. I had to remind a fair few whiteys that its actually cooler in the shade but mainly ones from Galt's homeland and of course the brits. White Aussies/Americans/Kiwis seemed to have it worked out.

Ask me anything youd like to know. Im not a casual tourist I was born there and have been there 20+ times. Its a second home and where we go to die.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 am

Oh if youre interested in making money Fiji is a good place to make your fortune.

My cousin has one of the only electronic key programing workshops in the country, a few days before we got there some disgruntled threw out the keys to the entire fleet of company vehicles (20) so my cousin charged them $1200 per vehicle and got it done in a day.. do the math.

He has a few things going, he wants me to fill shipping containers with second hand clothes and send them over. He reckons we can make $$$ doing that.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:51 am

HEATH VON DOOM wrote:I still dont like you, but how was Fiji? Probably top 3 places I want to see.
If ppl started liking Vutu, he would probably quit the internet.

(how bow da Shinkicker???)

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Return to “Anarchy Zone”