Going to visit my ALS Mom

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Going to visit my ALS Mom

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Hey all

So since our homies Benwahwah, Winnson, Vutu and others have recently written about their recent experiences with dying parents, I thought I'd get on the bandwagon and keep the train rollin :D

Got a ticket to fly out Thursday to see my mom who is being destroyed by ALS. She is in amazingly good spirits, but my brother says come sooner than later or I may not recognize her.

I don't know how my Dad is with it all, we're a bit distant and he doesn't say much personal. We'll see how that goes

My brother also is recovering from a hellish marriage separation, he was right fucked up for a while but seems to be doing much better. Still carrying a heavy load but is doing all the right things imo.

All this has happened in the past year and I haven't seen them the whole time, just talking on the phone. So I guess I gotta go see them.

In a strange way, the ALS and nasty divorce actually kind of put my family back together, before that for decades we were all really distant. Will be maybe the first time the 4 of us are all together in more than 20 years

Wish me luck

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Oh yeah brother has taken up surfing, he lives in Victoria BC where there apparently a few surfable beaches within a drive's time. Fuckin cold I gather but he gets the wetsuits and gloves etc. Good chance he takes me out, I'm stoked for that

Also apologies to Mega, I am only going for a short time and am not travelling via the Ferries.
(But if fate desires I may bump into greenseed :D )

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Damn, hope it goes well brother.

On a related note, I had a call not one hour ago that my grandmother had passed last night, she was in her 90s. We weren't close, there was a big family blowup many years ago the family never recovered from.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 am

Sorry to hear about your moms ailments but we should def meet up. When and for how long r u here?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 am

Leave Thursday, come back Tuesday.

I would absolutely love to meet up but to be honest it will be a short visit with a lot of emotional family stuff happening so I'm not expecting time for anything selfish. Can't really duck out for a night to drink with e-friends if you know what I'm sayin, I kind of need to make the most out of every minute, do what's best for them

If it works it works, maybe if you're around somewhere keep me posted let's see what happens. Mom likes daytrips maybe we can visit your studio or something if she doesn't have any other wishes.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 pm

leaving tomorrow morning. Day so busy I can hardely get my mind in order, let alone pack :D

I'm also super grumpy today, yesterday was kind of shitty and now I'm extra bummed because I was planning to go as positive as I could but now I'm all bitchy, lol

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Canuckster wrote:Damn, hope it goes well brother.

On a related note, I had a call not one hour ago that my grandmother had passed last night, she was in her 90s. We weren't close, there was a big family blowup many years ago the family never recovered from.

White families figth too? I thought it was just us shit skins that dont speak to family for decades over some more than likely incorrectly heard comment.

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Hey man. Sounds like a busy time but it would be cool to meet even for 30 mins (a quickie as they say, no homo). I will be carving 12-4 on thurs and sat and busy 2-4 on fri and a bit sunday but every other time i could be free to meet after noon on. Pm me on fb. You could come check oit the studio if u wanted too w ur mom etc.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Damn, hope it goes well brother.

White families figth too? I thought it was just us shit skins that dont speak to family for decades over some more than likely incorrectly heard comment.

Yeah, you can include the Irish and the English on that list.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 pm

greenseed wrote:Hey man. Sounds like a busy time but it would be cool to meet even for 30 mins (a quickie as they say, no homo). I will be carving 12-4 on thurs and sat and busy 2-4 on fri and a bit sunday but every other time i could be free to meet after noon on. Pm me on fb. You could come check oit the studio if u wanted too w ur mom etc.

I'd rather check in here than FB. I don't even have FB on my phone have no intention of checking it lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”