Going to visit my ALS Mom

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Going to visit my ALS/Dying Mom

Postby Masato » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Hey all, Back 2 Lyfe

Visit was great, couldn't have asked for more. Mom is getting hella weak but her spirit and mind are soaring, she is facing death like a friggin saint. No one knows how long she will last, she could have several more years or get wiped out in the next 6 months. Right now she can barely hold herself upright while walking, but uses a walker or poles to support. All that hiking in her younger years has made her a trooper :D really proud of her.

Dad is also a champ, couldn't ask for more he is cool and going with the flow.

Brother is kicking ass, learning to surf and getting strong. Has a big Aikido trip to Japan lined up in the spring. Family issues progressing slowly but surely, need some patience that's all.

Plane stopped in Vancouver, then I boarded this thing for like a 12 minute flight to the Island, the most beautiful place I've ever known:

Flying to the Island, where I was born and my kin reside:

Chillin with my brother @ the folks' place. This does not happen very often, though we get along great he is awesome

My brother has recently committed to learning how to surf, there are several beaches within a short drive's time where you can surf. He has all the equipment but we rented for me

We went 2 days in a row. This was the first place, from the parking lot you have to hike about 20 minutes down to the beach:

Trail to the beach. We surfed till the sun went down and it was dark AF coming back, lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:15 pm

The first day surfing I did not do very well, I caught a few but poorly.

The second day however we went to a different beach and I had the absolute best surfing day of my life. The waves were easy, and they were LONG, you could ride one in a good 10 seconds or more they just rolled all the way in nice and easy. I caught tons, I think its the first time I really felt like I knew what I was doing. Super fun.

I was scared about the cold, but those wetsuits are AMAZING, we were out on the waves for 2+ hours each day and not cold at all. Full boots, gloves, mask and you are totally comfortable it is so weird.

While we were surfing we had the most incredible sunset. My dad took these from shore but from where we were on the waves we could also see at one point a full massive rainbow opposite the sunset. Was a totally surreal experience, like some vision of heaven or something. A really great moment

Met up with our man greenseed!!
(more info in another thread ;) )

Took my very first Aikido class! My brother is I think a 4th degree Black Belt, he's been doing it non-stop for like 25 years or something. Was super fun, I can see why people like it its really fun:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Feeling super charged.

Life is good. Even when it doesn't appear that way :D

Enjoy it while ya got it

Return to “Anarchy Zone”