Off to see Stars Wars today

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
The Anti-Archon

Re: Off to see Stars Wars today

Postby The Anti-Archon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:46 pm

Well, my wife and daughter wanted to see this piece of shit, so I finally relented and went to see it yesterday. It was worse than I thought it would be. Garbage movie full of ham-fisted "lessons" about oppression and diversity. There is no ultimate right or wrong, the Dark Side is ok as long as you're Rey, Luke Skywalker is still a whiny bitch, Yoda is now an insane ghost arsonist and I literally hope every one of these characters die in the next movie.

That part where Luke is milking that Dr. Seuss beast is the best metaphor I can think of for this mess. Just Disney milking this franchise for all its worth, milking it til it hurts, all for that bitter, bitter space milk...

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:50 pm

You should have seen Mark Hamill when he came out of the theater at the premiere. He looked like a man that wanted to kill or die. I can't find it through search, but it was depressing to look at.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:59 pm

Mark hamill with the kimbo slice mantra.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:29 pm

Winnson wrote:You should have seen Mark Hamill when he came out of the theater at the premiere. He looked like a man that wanted to kill or die. I can't find it through search, but it was depressing to look at.

I saw some clickbait that was like "MARK HAMMILL HATES THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE. HERES WHY".

I guess it was true.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:05 pm

Yeah. they turned Luke into a cuck. If I was Mark Hamill, I be mad too.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:56 am

Just watched this, very funny/clever

Diet Butcher wrote:This review is on point. *Spoilers included*

LMAO @ Admiral Gender Studies and Diversity Hire.

'Let me fuck off to pout and die wallowing in self-pity while my friends and family are all rounded up and killed or tortured"

They turned Han into a total deserter too, left his wife to go smuggle some kind of alien slavery/trafficking operation while she was still trying to save the galaxy. Asian PETA advocate would be disgusted, lol All the other male characters all reckless idiots, lol

I guess no Star Wars Holiday Specials anymore, lol since there's nothing left to feel warm and fuzzy about. We all have evil in us... its a SPECTRUM! lol Embrace it! Be proud of it! This is Disney mantra for the future generations

Baphomet horns optional

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:50 pm

I have to say that finding a balance between opposites is usually a concept that I am attracted to... Yin and Yang being part of a whole, etc. Usually this leads to wisdom (Taoism)

But I don't think Disney is making this change to the Star Wars universe this wisdom. They are trying to make it sexy. Trying to promote the dark side as being EQUAL and/or interchangeable with the light side. This is reckless and imo is sort of blasphemous to the wiser yin-yang unity concepts.

They will get lost in it, but I think this is their goal to be honest. Lay the ground for moral relativism, if you criticize the dark side you are hate speech, lol

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Disney will kill Star Wars® within 2 movies and the Solo thing. Ship it. Star Wars is dead. It's been a long time coming, but I'm confident Disney will drive the final spike through its heart. Just watch!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:40 pm

No way man, u will see our grandkids playing with this shit, lol It will keep going and going. Like crappy pop music if you plaster it everywhere and create the illusion of hype, there will be hype. I for one have already accepted with great shame that it is likely inevitable I'll go see the next one, lol :oops:

Just watching the vid in the HG Wells 'Open Conspiracy' thread... through this perspective one could see this new Star Wars 2.0 as part of the foundations for the New Religion. It is a carefully constructed new mythology, this is more than just profits.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Tell that to the Ghostbusters franchise. Hollywood knows how to kill franchises these days

Return to “Anarchy Zone”