Going to Cuba for a week

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Going to Cuba for a week

Postby Canuckster » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 am

Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to be called. Hope we don't get the Hershey squirts.

See you faggots next week.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8sCWdR7Dyk&t=

Something to watch from your cell.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:06 pm

So, at the gift shop here on the resort, there is some interesting reading. Lots of books on Che and fidel, however the one that stands out is a book on Nazism in the middle of the Cuban propaganda. A very strange collection of books for a holiday resort. I'll get a picture of them before I leave.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:54 am

Is "we" you and your wife?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Shit, I didn't even know you were gone, lol

I wonder what tone those books on Che or Nazis are written in? Pro-Che? Anti-Nazi?

Do you think these additions to the bookshop might be a result of the recent changes in Cuba's politics? Or could you find the same books 15 years ago?

Hope you had a good trip man! Bring me back a cigar, we'll smoke it on my porch next time you're in town :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Had a good trip, we'll be leaving Wednesday morning, I'm going to grab a couple of the books there written in English, I'm curious about the pro Cuban propaganda

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:56 am

Sent some texts to masato tonight of the books in the book store, and a bunch of wine and liquor from baron Phillip de Rothschild. That I've never seen before......i picked up two of the books that were in English and I'll give them a rundown here when I get through them.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 am

Canuckster wrote:Had a good trip, we'll be leaving Wednesday morning, I'm going to grab a couple of the books there written in English, I'm curious about the pro Cuban propaganda

Its a one state one party government according to memory from my 1st year econ classes. It may have changed a little since then but I doubt it. IDGAF enough about it to look it up.

The propaganda is not too much unlike that of NK or China, you have a ruling party who paranoid as fuck because they know how incredibly unjust their system is. This is why they tend to go after University student movements the hardest, they are dealing with young educated folk who don't have as much to lose therefore are seen as dangerous (which they are, and thats a good thing).

Meanwhile in Australia you have uni students smashing public/private property during protests (cause they have never worked for shit in their lives) and all they ever get is a "section 10" IE guilt proven without a recorded conviction, why? because its their democratic right to protest.

Propaganda and paranoia go hand in hand with one party states, and rightfully so. If you didnt keep reminding everyone that communism is perfect they might board rickey boats and try to reach some beach in Florida for a chance at a better life. Luckily that never happens.

It's much better to ban footage of members of the press rolling their eyes.. that's freedom.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:50 am

Masato wrote:Shit, I didn't even know you were gone, lol

I wonder what tone those books on Che or Nazis are written in? Pro-Che? Anti-Nazi?

Do you think these additions to the bookshop might be a result of the recent changes in Cuba's politics? Or could you find the same books 15 years ago?

Hope you had a good trip man! Bring me back a cigar, we'll smoke it on my porch next time you're in town :D

Pro Che. He's still bigger than Jesus down there.

Nazi mateial surprises me though. I wonder what's up there?
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Here are the pics Canuckster sent me of stuff in the Gift Shop where he's at:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”