China - so strong, confident and virile!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

China - so strong, confident and virile!

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:50 am

LOL @ all this "unfermented soy" talk, this means HIGH TEST!!!!

This is Jackie Chan right?

China banned all mention of a sassy, eye-rolling reporter after she became a meme

A reporter was caught on live TV dramatically rolling her eyes at a government press conference in Beijing.
Liang Xiangyi gave a fellow reporter a massive side-eye and an eye-roll as she asked a rambling and fawning question to a governmental official.
The moment went viral, and Liang became a meme.
China immediately banned all mention of her on the internet and the press.

China banned all mention of a reporter after she was caught on live TV dramatically rolling her eyes at a state conference earlier this week.

Liang Xiangyi, a TV reporter for the Yicai financial news website, was caught on camera giving a huge side-eye and rolling her eyes at a fellow reporter as she asked a rambling question at a conference on Tuesday.

The other reporter, Zhang Huijun of LA-based American Multimedia Television USA, had asked a “fawning question to a Chinese official pushing past the 30-second mark,” The New York Times reported.

The scene, which was aired by state news broadcaster CCTV, immediately translated into memes, fan videos, and even merchandise.

Vendors on Taobao, China’s version of eBay, sold t-shirt and smartphone cases with her image, The New York Times said.

China later banned all mention of Liang from social media, and state media rushed to note that there was “nothing to see.”

You can watch the entire clip here, which was preserved by social media monitoring site What’s on Weibo:

WHAT KIND OF A FUCKING ^^ LANGUAGE IS THAT? do these slants have throats?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/china-bans-all-mention-of-eye-rolling-reporter-who-became-a-meme-2018-3?r=US&IR=T

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 am

FFS why not just make 1 grand thread about it dude?

or do you still think I'm asian? lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:54 am

I did notice you inserted some bits in your other thread inconspicuously lol

Something about an Evil Yoshida, I was like whaat? checked the link, that part was not on the source article lol

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:55 am

Masato wrote:
or do you still think I'm asian? lol

http://www.masatotoysforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5368

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:56 am

what did she roll her eyes about anyway? I don't get the fuss.

very useful clip for shooping and meme making though :D

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:57 am

Masato wrote:
checked the link, that part was not on the source article lo l

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:39 am

ROROROROROROROROROR!

China will ban people with poor ‘social credit’ from planes and trains

Starting in May, Chinese citizens who rank low on the country’s burgeoning “social credit” system will be in danger of being banned from buying plane or train tickets for up to a year, according to statements recently released by the country’s National Development and Reform Commission.

With the social credit system, the Chinese government rates citizens based on things like criminal behavior and financial misdeeds, but also on what they buy, say, and do. Those with low “scores” have to deal with penalties and restrictions. China has been working towards rolling out a full version of the system by 2020, but some early versions of it are already in place.

Previously, the Chinese government had focused on restricting the travel of people with massive amounts of debt, like LeEco and Faraday Future founder Jia Yueting, who made the Supreme People’s Court blacklist late last year.

The new travel restrictions are the latest addition to this growing patchwork of social engineering, which has already imposed punishments on more than seven million citizens. And there’s a broad range when it comes to who can be flagged. Citizens who have spread “false information about terrorism,” caused “trouble” on flights, used expired tickets, or were caught smoking on trains could all be banned, according to Reuters.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/3/16/17130366/china-social-credit-travel-plane-train-tickets

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 am

There's an episode of black mirror about this^, predictive programming will be rolled out world wide in our lifetimes wait and see
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:25 am

Canuckster wrote:There's an episode of black mirror about this^, predictive programming will be rolled out world wide in our lifetimes wait and see

wait and see?

lol WTF we are already there, they have just taken the soft approach.

Ask nearly any school kid (besides mine) around here what they think of Trump and they will all proudly declare their undying hate for him. Ask them why that is and their faces will glaze over. They have no idea why, its just what they think, why would they need anymore than that?

Ask my kids and their answer will be "Im not sure i'm not old enough to understand that".

They had a kids mainstream chanel on their ipads and laptops.

I ended up deleting it when I overheard some 8-9 year old white girl saying "I was born white and sometimes that makes me feel bad because I know I have privileges my non white friends dont have" like a mindless drone staring blankly into the camera like she had a fucking frontal lobotomy, her eyes showed as much emotion as the cam on my machine im typing on.

The good thing is that reality is all around them, just be present enough to show them and care enough to answer seemingly (they arent stupid, think about what they are asking ans why) stupid questions from them.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:32 am

HAHAHAHA!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”