Just took lil Vutu to for his first BJJ class..

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Just took lil Vutu to for his first BJJ class..

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 am

I rolled too..

Man that shit was fun. He's very big for his age so the coach let him train with the teens, who were way too big for him but went easy.

I drilled with him at first then handed him over to a legit blue 15 year old. Cant discuss the lineage because the scene is too small here but its some who may or may not have gotten along with the Gracies back when it all began..

I had a roll with one of the instructors who is a brown under the head coach and was just fucking humiliated at will. I totally forgot the difference between weightroom and matt strength (especially after the first 2 mins).

Not sure if Ill do it again and lil vutu prefers judo, wrestling and rugby but said he wouldnt mind doing the Easter school holidays program they have going. I'm hoping it grows on him, defending a broken arm charge is gonna be cheaper in court than a judo/wrestling throw onto the head charge IE murder.. at his age it doesnt matter though as long as he's having fun and I can sneak in a roll here and there.

Anyone had any luck introducing their kids to JJ?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 am

Ah fuck mods move to the dojo board please..

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:38 am

Vutulaki wrote:Ah fuck mods move to the dojo board please..

Wait a week.
Good on you though. Greco and boxing is best self defense.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:12 am

I never have any success introducing anyone to BJJ. They might come to one class never to return. Buncha homophobes.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:46 pm

That's great Vutu, good to hear you're on the mats again too. Always nice to get humiliated by higher belts, lol

The problem with Jiu Jitsu for beginners is that you have to muck through like a year of torture and suffering, feeling like an idiot out there for at least 6 months - a year before it even STARTS to get fun. Real steep initial learning curve and it fucking hurts, lol

I've seen a ton of white belts come and go at our club, at first they try to be determined and show up but when their body starts hurting and still suck ass at it/not perceiving getting any better... well its pretty hard to find that motivation to get out and go. You need to really want it to get past that stage.

I fell off the wagon too like a million times all through my late 20's/30's, but no more. Not stopping now unless serious injury

I was lucky somehow my son let me explain this to him and he made it through, lol now he's totally hooked on it

Its a good lesson, really... one that I didn't really understand completely until my 40's lol: if you want to get good at anything, you have to be ready to suck at it for a long while before you start to see any results. If you're OK with that it makes it all so much more possible/attainable.

Agree with Som that Boxing is best self defence

Could all be about the homophobes too lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Agreed, you need to learn striking for self defence, but you better have some training if someone jumps on top of you in the street or you're going to have a very bad time
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:16 am

Canuckster wrote:Agreed, you need to learn striking for self defence, but you better have some training if someone jumps on top of you in the street or you're going to have a very bad time

That's where the greco comes in.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:00 am

greco not much use off your back with someone on top of you
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:32 am

Canuckster wrote:greco not much use off your back with someone on top of you

The point of greco is not ending up on your back. Really cuckster, have you ever been in a fight? You think you'll be doing omoplatas? Lol

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:32 am

Canuckster wrote:greco not much use off your back with someone on top of you

While what galt is saying isnt wrong I think people like to bring up Greco cause most people are less acquainted with it.

You learn most greco stuff in freestyle at least in our shitty wrasslin schools down here. The main diff is the emphasis on what id call "dirty" clinching which compliments dirty boxing very well.

These days even the average UFL fanboi knows wrestling is legit (15 years ago I used to get called a fruit at work for wrestling) so if you throw greco into the convo everyone knows youre legit as opposed to being a tapout shirt wearing poser like Galt :)

Return to “Anarchy Zone”