Random rant about stuff in my life

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Canuckster

Re: Random rant about stuff in my life

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:05 pm

Lifting weights isn't for weightlloss

Cut the carbs, refined sugars , wheat etc completely. Start including more running, cardio and begin a change in your workouts, like a p90x style workout more geared to an overall body high intensity workout.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Canuckster wrote:Lifting weights isn't for weightlloss

Cool, can you explain how running a caloric deficit via resistance training & controlling your diet can't achieve weight loss?

I tend to agree that cardio is "better" for weight loss but I dont agree that "lifting weights isnt for weight loss" im prrrrrrety sure thats not how it works.

Dont tell me that combat athletes cut weight by doing cardio, I know that. This isnt the same scenario.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:43 pm

From my experience:

Running a caloric deficit isn't necessarily for weight loss because what your body does if it's consistently deprived of calories is try and establish a balance. If you deprive calories your body goes into a state where it thinks it needs to store these calories for survival. Intermittent caloric deficit is what stimulates weight loss because your body ramps up its metabolism because its used to having sufficient calories to run that engine. If you intermittently reduce your calories in the midst of that, during those times your body has less calories, it's still running it's engine higher instead of going into survival mode.

Weightlifting in and of itself does not promote weight loss, the activity of weightlifting stimulates muscle growth. The muscles you have are what do the burning of the calories, hence why bodybuilders do so poorly in endurance activity, feeding those muscles requires calories and a heart capable of pumping the blood to them. Again, balance is key. Cardio develops the heart muscle to be able to deliver blood and energy to your muscles, if you don't have it, it doesn't work optimally.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:56 pm

If your goal is fat loss, diet is key, however, depending on your heritage and genetics, may not be sustainable long term. Your body is always trying to achieve a balance in the midst of what ever your trying to do to it. If your body type doesn't naturally support a 12 percent bodyfat type, you can get there, it just takes discipline and a major lifestyle change that you have to stick to in order to make it happen. Few people have this ability long term. If you want to reduce body fat, cut the carbs, all of them,especially refined, but keep a balance of resistance training and cardio along with intermittent fasting will yield the results you want, eat real food, nothing processed, lots of veggies, lots of fats(yes lots of fats) your body and brain need them. Once your body has no carbs to burn for energy, it must turn to burning your fat stores, this is what the current keto craze is and is legit.
The thing with vutu is, he's an abo, his body is hardwired to keep bodyfat at a minimum due to his location. Africans and abos have naturally low bodyfat due to the higher climate temps, white people with a northern European background have a harder time typically due to their genetic makeup, their body wants to naturally store fat to deal with colder climates

If you think about the way ufc fighters cut weight by drinking tons of water leading up to their final weight cut it will make sense as the body is adapting to get rid of the excess water and then at the end you take advantage of its adaptation to shed water weight as your body doesn't make the switch fast enough

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:08 pm

I was respectful to you Holly and now you go and racist me? fuck you guy

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Canuckster, do you want to admit defeat or shall I embarrass you point by point? you can turn around and walk away and ill leave it at that which Id prefer cause I want to sleep soon but ill soldier on just for you if you want me to.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Go to bed. I am hitting the pink cloud.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:33 pm

enjoy bro

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Canuckster, do you want to admit defeat or shall I embarrass you point by point? you can turn around and walk away and ill leave it at that which Id prefer cause I want to sleep soon but ill soldier on just for you if you want me to.

Go for it,

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Canuckster wrote:what your body does if it's consistently deprived of calories is try and establish a balance. If you deprive calories your body goes into a state where it thinks it needs to store these calories for survival. Intermittent caloric deficit is what stimulates weight loss because your body ramps up its metabolism because its used to having sufficient calories to run that engine. If you intermittently reduce your calories in the midst of that, during those times your body has less calories, it's still running it's engine higher instead of going into survival mode.

Too many non sequiturs for me to address at 6am. Dont give anymore advice on this is my advice.

Canuckster wrote:Weightlifting in and of itself does not promote weight loss, the activity of weightlifting stimulates muscle growth.

Nope way too much of a broad brush comment to warrant or even allow for a response. Weightlifting does not stimulate muscle growth it indirectly stimulates superadaption. That superadation can come in the form of weight loss (yes) or hypertrophy or... both.

Canuckster wrote:The muscles you have are what do the burning of the calories, hence why bodybuilders do so poorly in endurance activity, feeding those muscles requires calories and a heart capable of pumping the blood to them.

Canuckster wrote:Again, balance is key. Cardio develops the heart muscle to be able to deliver blood and energy to your muscles, if you don't have it, it doesn't work optimally.

Oh what is this fucking bullshit? this is like E333Y discussing geopolitics except there isnt as much room for subjectivity here.

Luigi, dont listen to this shit. Please.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”