Random rant about stuff in my life

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Canuckster

Re: Random rant about stuff in my life

Postby Canuckster » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:04 am

this guy here, talks briefly about his workout regimen.

of note in his regimen was mentioned his sets are high rep, lower weight this is actually what I'm currently working on in the gym right now, some sets in the 60-70 rep range not to failure but for endurance, while this isnt true cardio, it can push your heart rate into cardio ranges these types of workouts get your heart pumping like crazy if you combine with HIT
off season he cycles carbs, eliminates them on season.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:19 am

Canuckster wrote:

of note in his regimen was mentioned his sets are high rep, lower weight this is actually what I'm currently working on in the gym right now, some sets in the 60-70 rep range not to failure but for endurance, while this isnt true cardio, it can push your heart rate into cardio ranges these types of workouts get your heart pumping like crazy if you combine with HIT

You ever see that vid of Tyson holding pads for his son?

There's a lesson there for you, people who are genetic freaks arent the ones to try to learn from.

I totes agree with the cardio HIIT/HIT approach, coupled with a decent lifting regime (pointless without it unless you wanna look like an 8 year old asian kid)

Dont get upset and all womanly on me mate, im agreeing with 99% of what youve said kinda sorta

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Canuckster wrote:

- Dont you get bored with those extensive sets?
I personally prefer a middle-ground, try to get a ittle strenght, but not maxin!

Sergei Nubret managed to look great till old age:

- Mike Ohearn is a guy that i persnally admire, he is very stronger in several lifts and managed to look great and strong till his 50. Michael Jay White is another.

And they can walk a quarter without getting tired. :mrgreen:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:

You ever see that vid of Tyson holding pads for his son?

There's a lesson there for you, people who are genetic freaks arent the ones to try to learn from.

I totes agree with the cardio HIIT/HIT approach, coupled with a decent lifting regime (pointless without it unless you wanna look like an 8 year old asian kid)

Dont get upset and all womanly on me mate, im agreeing with 99% of what youve said kinda sorta

- And the tren neutralizes the need for a strict diet. I dont know if the guy follows a strict diet or not, but the workout regimen isnt all that necessary here.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 am

Update: After 18 days of eating less and training less I'm down to 167. I am still able to lift the same amount of weight as before so I probably haven't lost much muscle. 8 lbs isn't a massive amount to lose in 18 days but things are really going a lot smoother than I thought they would. Its interesting because I remember years ago when I used to eat 1200 cals a day and work out for 20 mins like 3 times a week I would plateau at 170, then last month when I was eating 1600 and working out for an hour almost every day I plateaued at 175. I used to feel so worn down at those weights, but now I'm 167 and don't even feel tired at all.

My first though was that I had just found the Goldie Locks perfect medium, but I think there is more to it than that. I still let myself have some junkfood on Saturday nights but I have slightly limited it and I think this has helped a ton. 1 less beer can make a big difference. Also I think that because I was working out so much before I have extra muscle to help burn the fat. In particular I was never a big deadlifter when I was working out 3 days a week simply because with only 3 days something is going to get left out, but I was doing it a fair bit with 1 hour 6 days a week. So these muscles probably helped the most. The thing about deadlifts is no matter how used to them I get it always makes the muscles in my lower back sore to the touch, but I think the benefits definitely outweigh this.

I still have the same boring job, but one can only ask the gods for so many blessings at once. My plan for the immediate future is to get down to 165 then incorporate an excruciating ab routine. Ever onward lads!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:35 pm

- Congratulations on the progress Luigi!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:12 am

Thanks bro! 166.5 today but its the weekend so I will probably gain a little back :mrgreen:

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:20 am

Good to hear your progress is progressing Luigi, keep at it.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 am

It took longer than I hoped for but...

My phone camera sucks but that says 165.0. I have wrestled victory from the claws of laziness and junk food. Glory be to the gods!

The acne is 95% gone too. I started watching He-Man and it was pretty awesome inspiration so I definitely need to give a shout out to the prince of Eternia. Time to focus more on muscle now. I have been slacking on my calf raises and lateral raises, plus I need to add some serious ab work.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:33 am

Ever thought about fighting dogs?

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”