Bro science myths - fact or bullshit?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Bro science myths - fact or bullshit?

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:19 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:I follow Jeff Cavaliere too. Excellent info. Also following Funk Roberts too. He's 49 yrs old and jacked, so relevant to me cuz I'll be around his age in about 5 years.

Im not at 40 yet but I think the whol over/under 40's training is a little misleading. I cant speak for myself because im still too young and having never had a long lay off from the gym ever really or been inactive (cause kids - rugby and netball since they were 5 a piece) but I think people need to take training history and genetics (know your body) into account.

My BJJ coach for example was in his 50's, big guy and could run circles around most 20's guys except the top percentile. Dude could churn out 20 non kipping pull ups with ease without warming up. Then there's my cousins friend who is 23, Im training him and my girl cousin and I have to rehab them due to a lifetime of inactivity before we really start working. Neither could do a full pushup with strict form 3 weeks ago

I guess they need to draw the line somewhere but motherfucker dont tell me I shouldnt be doing convent DLs cause im over 30 or some bullshit when I can literally pull 220KG without really warming up any time I want (yes Ill need to ramp up with a few sets but thats "just in case")

- Terry is 48 on the video:

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:

48 also happens to be the number of times he injects himself a week :)

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:I follow Jeff Cavaliere too. Excellent info. Also following Funk Roberts too. He's 49 yrs old and jacked, so relevant to me cuz I'll be around his age in about 5 years.

Im not at 40 yet but I think the whol over/under 40's training is a little misleading. I cant speak for myself because im still too young and having never had a long lay off from the gym ever really or been inactive (cause kids - rugby and netball since they were 5 a piece) but I think people need to take training history and genetics (know your body) into account.

My BJJ coach for example was in his 50's, big guy and could run circles around most 20's guys except the top percentile. Dude could churn out 20 non kipping pull ups with ease without warming up. Then there's my cousins friend who is 23, Im training him and my girl cousin and I have to rehab them due to a lifetime of inactivity before we really start working. Neither could do a full pushup with strict form 3 weeks ago

I guess they need to draw the line somewhere but motherfucker dont tell me I shouldnt be doing convent DLs cause im over 30 or some bullshit when I can literally pull 220KG without really warming up any time I want (yes Ill need to ramp up with a few sets but thats "just in case")

I think it's a way for PTs to carve themselves a new niche. #fitover40 or #fitover50 or whatever. I still train like I'm in my 20s... and am probably stronger than I was in my prime (old man strength is no myth) but the stuff about metabolism and recovery are relevant. Little injuries that used to take days to heal now takes weeks. That sucks. Also harder to fight off the dad-bod look. I don't want to have dad bod until I hit 50, ffs.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:49 am

Yeah metabolism, injuries and dad bod are no joke, I fucked my elbow on the weekend and wont lift this week, in my 20's to mid 30's id suck it up and work through it but im not under any illusion that I can so that now without it biting me in the ass in weeks or months.

Another thing im learning that maybe tied in with the dad bod but we dont need 4,000 calories anymore. I can eat something like this;

m1 - Cereal, protein shake and coffee

m2 - eggs and a little bit of rice (yeah fried eggs and a bit of rice so I can eat some chilies cause paki)

m3 - half a chicken and salad

PWO - protein shake with no PB or oats or anything like I used to have to PWO
m4 - Some kinda meat, rice and veggies.

Ill put on size and strength eating like that 5 days and week then eating semi shitty on the weekends.

I follow Jeff's advice, half my plate is lean protein, the other half some ratio of complex and fibre based carbs, only at m4 do I go 50/50 proetin and complex carbs now.

Whats your diet look like DB?

M1 - Cicada shells and soy milk

m2 - Bull penis braised in maple sap?

lol JK so whats it look like?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:43 pm

I eat like shit actually, lol... well not really. It could be cleaner though. But pretty much whatever I want while keeping it as close to zone diet as possible. 30% protein 30% fats 40% carbs. Hard not to have rice or noodles here, so I try to keep that to small portions. If it was up to me, I'd give you an idea of what it would look like, but the wife likes to cook different shit everyday. I only cook when it's BBQ time.

I started intermittent fasting like 2 weeks ago. 16 hours fast/8 hours fed if possible. On nights I go train, then its 14/10. I just skip breakfast, and start with a late lunch. Save some money on cereal and soy milk....er I mean milk. lol... I actually liked Vitasoy when I was little. But since my parents moved my ass to Ireland, it was non-existant there. I've only ever had it when I would come visit HK. Dodged a bullet there I suppose.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

48 also happens to be the number of times he injects himself a week :)

- Its less than a lot of pros and he looks great! :mrgreen:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:15 am

Have a look at his right bicep lol anyway hes in better shape than me so yeah worth listening to with prejudice I suppose.

Another guy worth following is Jeff Nippard

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68TLK0mAEzUyHx5x5k-S1Q

He also has a super hot Hapa (white bottom half) GF

https://www.instagram.com/stephanie_buttermore/?hl=en

Both of them are trained scientists (not google scanners), they know their shit and if they dont they find someone that does..

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:19 am

He has better vids, this is just a short one to intro him

Seriously look his GF Stephanie Buttmore up, fucking hot bitch and a research scientist researching ovarian cancer I think from memory

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:18 am

This thread sucks without pics.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”