Hapa ridicule thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Lester Burnham

Re: The strangest Reddit Subforum ever

Postby Lester Burnham » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Outside of the mentally insane left no real victim of racism ever existed IRL, its the stuff unicorn spoof was made of.

That probably depends on your definition of racism. When I grew up the term used was prejudice. People would accuse others of being prejudiced. Now it's racist.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Lester Burnham wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Outside of the mentally insane left no real victim of racism ever existed IRL, its the stuff unicorn spoof was made of.

That probably depends on your definition of racism. When I grew up the term used was prejudice. People would accuse others of being prejudiced. Now it's racist.

How prejudiced would it be of me to prefer a west african male to be the one to run the 100m to save my toddler from crawling over the edge of a cliff over a white, brown, east african or yellow fella? lets say I know next to nothing of any of them but have to make a quick decision based on their ethnicity? they are of all similar age and physical shape as in fit and able.

Now lets assume that the kid crawls over the cliff and now needs a few vertebrae fused and I have to chose between the white and the yellow doctor? Do I chose the one who was pushed into med school despite possibly not being "called" to it or the white one who almost definitely was? Do I chose the naturally smart white doc or the POSSIBLY rote learned asian one who gamed the testing regime?

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Lester Burnham wrote:

How prejudiced would it be of me to prefer a west african male to be the one to run the 100m to save my toddler from crawling over the edge of a cliff over a white, brown, east african or yellow fella? lets say I know next to nothing of any of them but have to make a quick decision based on their ethnicity? they are of all similar age and physical shape as in fit and able.

Now lets assume that the kid crawls over the cliff and now needs a few vertebrae fused and I have to chose between the white and the yellow doctor? Do I chose the one who was pushed into med school despite possibly not being "called" to it or the white one who almost definitely was? Do I chose the naturally smart white doc or the POSSIBLY rote learned asian one who gamed the testing regime?

In my opinion... I think you choose what you feel the most comfortable with in those circumstances. During matters of life and death all of that other BS has to step aside.

If anyone challenges you later then tell them you have a bias (not a prejudice) and leave it at that. If they persist then tell them to stop judging you.

Having this conversation makes me realize what a goofy place that we are in modern society. Imagine people having to deal with this kind of nonsense100 or 200 years ago.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Lester Burnham wrote: Imagine people having to deal with this kind of nonsense100 or 200 years ago.

Yah how abow da?

Do you think certain races are superior to others at certain tasks?

Ever heard of the jew savings jars?

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Lester Burnham wrote: Imagine people having to deal with this kind of nonsense100 or 200 years ago.

Yah how abow da?

Do you think certain races are superior to others at certain tasks?

Ever heard of the jew savings jars?

LOL @ that picture. Imagine running with that today.

Yes, I do think certain races are better at things than other races. Some races are more athletic. Some races are more academic. Some of each can be trained to be closer to the other in either category.

I just wish in America the hostility and racism would quit being stoked from day to day. Let's get back to being people and not color groups.

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Sorry, I missed this question: "Ever heard of the jew savings jars?"

No, I haven't. I will resist the impulse to Google it and let you give me your possibly more colorful explanation. ;)

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Lester Burnham wrote:Sorry, I missed this question: "Ever heard of the jew savings jars?"

No, I haven't. I will resist the impulse to Google it and let you give me your possibly more colorful explanation. ;)

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Lester Burnham wrote:Sorry, I missed this question: "Ever heard of the jew savings jars?"

Interesting way to teach your kids to budget! Jewish parents seem to invest a lot into helping their kids learn practical things.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Yep agreed, thats my approach to raising my kids too.

One of our start up banks here has a savings account where you can drop money into "buckets" within the account so allocate a certain amount out of your deposit to each savings goal/bucket. Mine have a dollarmite account and one of those as well.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:36 am

https://imgur.com/r/hapas

he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”