What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Re: What do you guys think of Jordan Peterson?

Postby Canuckster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 am

hahaha hes as white as it gets
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

onetrickpony

Postby onetrickpony » Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 am

I love the irony of him becoming famous, wealthy and seemingly happier than he has ever been, directly due to the efforts of the far left in their attempts to shame him into muteness.

I don’t agree with everything Peterson is preaching. Though, I do believe that everything he says comes from his heart and he hopes to help people. His unlikely willingness to stand up to the ever burgeoning destruction of manhood has made him a force to be reckoned with and I respect him for drawing a line when so many are scared to do so.

However, whether I like him or not is inconsequential. Society is in dire need of voices like his in the current social and political climate. Free speech is being threatened by insanity and we need more people to rise up and speak against this new means of socially accepted fascism.

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Wed May 08, 2019 4:22 pm

good speaker
Kermit's voice

His rise is a bit odd and makes me wonder

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Just found this - a weird vid with a clip of Peterson, followed by someone explaining how it illustrates the core difference between left and right.

The title is misleading - it really isn't about Climate Change at all. This is just the vehicle to drive a different point.

Watch them both; Peterson's answer on the TV show, then the other dude's short lecture on a fundamental difference between left and right ideologies, and how they relate.

Its clear he is presenting with a right-wing bias... but at the same time I find what he is pointing out to be extremely interesting and major food for thought:

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:04 am

He warned us communists and anarchists had taken over the universities and would be coming to take over the society at large very shortly. It happened just as he warned us it would, and they shut him up for his effort.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:17 am

The ideas I was referring to is that Left = focus on society and correcting its mistakes and putting it all in order, while the Right = focus on the individual correcting our mistakes and putting our own lives and families all in order.

Individual vs society

Maybe that seems obvious but I thought it was an interesting clarification on the ideas

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:19 am

Masato wrote:The ideas I was referring to is that Left = focus on society and correcting its mistakes and putting it all in order, while the Right = focus on the individual correcting our mistakes and putting our own lives and families all in order.

Individual vs society

Maybe that seems obvious but I thought it was an interesting clarification on the ideas

And yet, Peterson is a self-identified liberal, and Liberal. He's in the traditional center, which underlines just how scary this is.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:54 am

How would you think Peterson would define 'liberal'?

He speaks a lot about finding truth for one's self, improving one's self, freedom of speech etc.

Is that still considered 'center'?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:55 am

It’s odd how the bourgeois never seem to learn.
I’m liberal.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:56 am

This gets philosophical imo, not just political. Suddenly it becomes very deep and kind of a bigger issue here, its not just basic rights or whatever its a philosophy of culture, what is important, where are the priorities etc. The fact there there is a such a huge divide here is getting kind of weird, especially because I think most of those who are fighting about it are not even completely aware of why they think they way they do, or really questioned it or not

Return to “Anarchy Zone”