A Book: "The Shadow Of The Dalai Lama"

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Vutulaki

Re: A Book: "The Shadow Of The Dalai Lama"

Postby Vutulaki » Sun May 13, 2018 2:41 am

Canuckster wrote:
shankara wrote:No, I'm not a bot. I hope.

That sounds like something a bot would say.

What is your belief system Canuckster?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 13, 2018 2:57 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:
shankara wrote:No, I'm not a bot. I hope.

That sounds like something a bot would say.

spiritual uncertainty with a healthy dose of skepticism
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun May 13, 2018 4:13 am

Canuckster wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:That sounds like something a bot would say.

Agnostic?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 13, 2018 4:21 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Agnostic?

No, not really, unless you subscribe to the idea that our minds are incapable of comprehending the reality of it. My thinking is that the idea of spirituality can be the reality you choose it to be. Some people operate on a far higher plane of consciousness than others and some simply cant or don't want to comprehend more than they do. The idea that a superior being is responsible for who and where we are today is a very real possibility, I just don't believe these primitive religions that exist on this earth are accurate to the reality of what that is.

So essentially I'll find out when i kick the bucket. I'll live a good life and be a good human being regardless and that's all I can do really.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun May 13, 2018 4:33 am

Canuckster wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:

Agnostic?

No, not really, unless you subscribe to the idea that our minds are incapable of comprehending the reality of it. My thinking is that the idea of spirituality can be the reality you choose it to be. Some people operate on a far higher plane of consciousness than others and some simply cant or don't want to comprehend more than they do. The idea that a superior being is responsible for who and where we are today is a very real possibility, I just don't believe these primitive religions that exist on this earth are accurate to the reality of what that is.

So essentially I'll find out when i kick the bucket. I'll live a good life and be a good human being regardless and that's all I can do really.

Yeah it's agnostic;

"agnostic
aɡˈnɒstɪk/Submit
noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God."

I agree with everything you said except the part about finding out when you kick the bucket. You may just lose consciousness and no longer remain to be. Thats not a bad thing imo, the idea of being reunited with all my pain the ass relatives in heaven isnt that appealing.

spiritual uncertainty, call it agnosticism is the most scientific conclusion to come to. I think the most unscientific conclusion to come to is "we dont know the answers to the great questions therefore God"

What do you think?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 13, 2018 5:35 am

I don't think our science as we know it today would be able to quantify god to such a degree as to be able to come to a consensus on the matter.

You are correct, you may just wink out at death and our consciousness is merely a phenomenon of existence. At this time(and I may be wrong) we have no scientific method to confirm the existence of god. And using god as the answer to unknowable questions is the same as using ancient aliens as an answer to unknowable questions here on earth.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 13, 2018 5:40 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Agnostic?

Yeah it's agnostic;

"agnostic
aɡˈnɒstɪk/Submit
noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God."

I agree with everything you said except the part about finding out when you kick the bucket. You may just lose consciousness and no longer remain to be. Thats not a bad thing imo, the idea of being reunited with all my pain the ass relatives in heaven isnt that appealing.

spiritual uncertainty, call it agnosticism is the most scientific conclusion to come to. I think the most unscientific conclusion to come to is "we dont know the answers to the great questions therefore God"

What do you think?

I dont believe that the nature of god CANNOT be known, I believe it can be. we're just not there yet.......at least the vast majority , there may be some who are correct.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun May 13, 2018 9:39 am

Canuckster wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Canuckster wrote:

Yeah it's agnostic;

"agnostic
aɡˈnɒstɪk/Submit
noun

What do you think?

I dont believe that the nature of god CANNOT be known, I believe it can be. we're just not there yet.......at least the vast majority , there may be some who are correct.

Well Ill be damned, all these years of posting the definition of agnostic and supposedly being one myself I never noticed that.

My position is "I dont know", I guess when someone asks what my belief is ill just reply "I don't know" from now on? I can live with that but its gonna piss a lot of people off and you know how much I hate upsetting others.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 13, 2018 8:26 pm

How interesting this shows up in my fb feed today

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”