Aquafina admits its just Tap Water

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Aquafina admits its just Tap Water

Postby Masato » Fri May 25, 2018 12:03 pm

https://www.minds.com/blog/view/5062699 ... -tap-water

The company's marketing of the serene mountain landscape is a far shot from the municipal water supply that they actually get their water from.

Bottles of water from companies like Dasani and Aquafina have the label "P.W.S." indicating that the water is derived from the Public Water Supply - the same water supply that flows out of your tap.

In a rapid attempt at damage control, one unnamed Aquafina representative said that the extensive treatment process the water goes through makes it different than water that you filter on your own, but acknowledged it was municipal water.

For the most part, companies are not required to reveal where they are bottling or how much water is being taken from the environment. These maps, below, indicate the drought level in April, 2015 and some bottling locations that were revealed. Aquafina, and others, are pulling water directly out of the drought zone.

As reported by Jane Lazgin, a representative for Arrowhead, many of these water extraction sources are in drought ridden locations because that's where they've always operated. "You have to remember this is a 120-year-old brand [Arrowhead]. Some of these sources have long, long been associated with the brand."

Despite the fact that they are pulling water out of the ground in places that need the water locally, there are questions as to whether privately sourced water is riskier to drink. According to the World Wildlife Fund International, there "are more standards regulating tap water in Europe and the United States than those applied to the bottled water industry," adding that it is "no safer than tap water."

Next time you consider picking up a bottle of water for the convenience, remember the pollutants caused by discarding plastic bottles and, honestly, you can fill your own bottle out of the tap. Just get a good filter.

https://www.inverse.com/article/5819-aq ... -tap-water

https://www.inverse.com/article/7459-aq ... ion-system

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/ ... ia-drought

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 25, 2018 12:14 pm

just taking their water and selling it back to them, lol

Dasani too.

I always thought it was funny (and perhaps not coincidental) that the water brand EVIAN spells NAIVE backwards, lol :D :D :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 25, 2018 12:19 pm

I drink bottled water all the time, not because I believe it's better than tap water( I use an ro filter at home anyway) but rather Im thirsty and need a drink, plus dasani filters theirs which get rid of the fluoride anyway.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat May 26, 2018 3:03 am

I drink tap water. If you don't you're a pussy.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat May 26, 2018 3:11 am

Nestle has been notorious for taking lake water from Canada and selling it back to us.

I guess all of these scumbag bottled water companies do it. It's obviously sanctioned thievery.
el rey del mambo

Song2

Postby Song2 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:32 pm

I've known this since 2008 ish. First time I saw it, Dasani or aquafina can't remember which, maybe both. I remarked I'd never had it and a friend told me it's just tap water that they bottle up and sell after pumping it through a machine.

I like to call it dumbass juice

penxv

Postby penxv » Sat May 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Bottled water sells because of its convenience not because anybody believes that the water is in some way superior to tap water.

It's objectively the best thing to drink.

penxv

Postby penxv » Sat May 26, 2018 10:27 pm

It would be worse if they put some nootropics in there and told people it would make their dick bigger or something.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat May 26, 2018 10:54 pm

penxv wrote:It would be worse if they put some nootropics in there and told people it would make their dick bigger or something.

Brilliant!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat May 26, 2018 11:25 pm

I posted about Fiji water being tap water YEARS ago, the local tap water over there contains silica at much higher levels than most other places. Growing up they would tell us that the water had a silky texture due to all the cane plantations but its just silica from the volcanic rock that makes up most of the island.

You dopey white cunts are a little slow on the uptake arent you?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”