Hey What Happened May 4?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Re: Hey What Happened May 4?

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:22 pm

No he's just an old fart
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:33 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:
And how do you notice this? Their behavior? Or you "just know"?

Good point, I don’t ‘know’.

Last wedding I went to I remember several of the single ladies flirting up a storm, drinking heavily and dancing all sexy etc, much more than I would suspect they would on a typical night.

But maybe I’m just projecting lol

Haven’t been to too many weddings to be honest. Is that wedding crasher stereotype just a myth then?

I have no idea. I hate weddings. I thought "oh damn, how he know?" But I'm sure you're right.

"Up a storm"? Are you sure you aren't from around here? :lol:

How could you hate weddings? I love weddings; free food, free drinks, party time! The only thing I hate is the stupid clothes you're expected to wear.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Masato wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:
Good point, I don’t ‘know’.

Last wedding I went to I remember several of the single ladies flirting up a storm, drinking heavily and dancing all sexy etc, much more than I would suspect they would on a typical night.

But maybe I’m just projecting lol

Haven’t been to too many weddings to be honest. Is that wedding crasher stereotype just a myth then?

I have no idea. I hate weddings. I thought "oh damn, how he know?" But I'm sure you're right.

"Up a storm"? Are you sure you aren't from around here? :lol:

How could you hate weddings? I love weddings; free food, free drinks, party time! The only thing I hate is the stupid clothes you're expected to wear.

Because I think marriage has become a joke. I mean, why get married?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Marriage is taken too lightly these days. While I agree its totally not for everyone, and a helluvalotta fools rush in, I also think that when done well, a traditional nuclear family can be very beautiful.

Lots of benefits, great for kids to grow up in (parental separations are always hard on kids, who grow up to be adults), and I think if the vows are honest it can make a person better, teach selflessness and loyalty etc. Plus its nice to have someone who loves you to grow old with and be there for you when we're all fucked up at the end of life lol

I just read an article (should have posted it for reference now its gone), anyways some scholar at a University was arguing that it would be good for humanity to finally be done with the 'myth' of the nuclear family. He went on how divorce rates etc prove that monogamous relations is obviously not our natural state, and that it would be a step forward to kill it once and for all and accept the realities that family relations come in all shapes and sizes.

I suppose he makes a point but I couldn't help but a hard sadness at his proposal. Is the traditional nuclear family indeed just a myth? If so where does it come from and why does it hold meaning?

Indeed - why get married? :D good question.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Great post. And I'll come back to it. I have mixed feelings on this.

Everyone is equal (including feminism) is killing the idea of a nuclear family.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Sometimes I see this from a tinfoil hat perspective; it has been argued that this whole 'kill the nuclear family' and incessant promotion of LGBT issues has an ulterior motive, that is some basic cultural marxist utopia

I wonder if the extremely high divorce rates etc may have something to do with how few (IF ANY) traditional nuclear families we see in our entertainment. I don't watch much TV of Hollywood but I honestly don't see any examples of strong traditional families these days. Yet TONS of shows and movies are about infidelity, or other combinations of family structure. We have no heroes in this manner, no examples to admire or imitate. Even fuckin Han and Leia got divorced, lol (would you tell that to the kids in the 80's? lol they wouldn't believe you)

Then there is the tale of Edward Bernays and the push to get the women to go to work and be professionals, snuffing out the stay-at-home mother role. The economy adjusts and now its almost necessary to have 2 income families, tons of kids are in daycare etc... eventually leading to an environment where children are raised more by the state than moms and dads. I could go deeper into the theories of such an agenda, its a pretty big chapter in conspiracy lore.

If any of these ideas are true, they are doing a wonderful job. To the point now where if anyone starts to discuss the benefits and value of a traditional nuclear family, you literally get called a Neo-Nazi bigot, lol I am not joking. If you are a mom and want to stay home to take care of your family you should be ashamed and are not a good feminist, etc. That model of human family and pro-creation is actually being ridiculed, has become a taboo. Wrap your head around that, its pretty scary imo.

Question is what is it this ideological shift doing to us a a species? Are we moving forward from the shackles of archaic outdated religious nonsense? Or are we losing something essential to us? What would happen if our popular entertainment had a return to more traditional values?

etc etc.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:51 pm

One of the things I told my husband, if I have babies I get to stay home and raise them until they start school. Luckily we were able to do that. We sacrificed a bit and lived modestly but it was worth it to me. We also agreed to hang in there until they were raised. We are almost done. :)

However, I'm not sure that is always the best route. My sister stayed in her marriage until her kids were grown. But it wasn't a healthy marriage. She made all the sacrifices and put up with a lot of shit to get it done.

But now I see her kids hang on in bad relationships. Is it because that's what they saw growing up? And they are good people and love her dearly, but they have very little concern for her needs and wants. They are constantly "give me, give me, give me". Is this because they have watched her put her needs aside all of their life?

I'm all for a nuclear family but I think it's important that it's a healthy one.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:29 am

Islam is the future.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”